Unlucky, and stupid me. :(
sorry to hear that Joh...
I've been lucky up to now & your right how do you go slow on
a Busa.
Did he give chase or did you do the wrong thing & stop?
Hope you get a ride weekend before you lose it.
Dave
Jon,
Seems as though you are not going to give us the details as to how you got nabbed - we all want to know.
Did he chase you or did you stop?
There was an article in N.S.W. papers stating that Honda and B.M.W. Deemed their bikes with panniers on, unstable in excess of 130 kph so pigs were not supposed to indulge in pursuits over this speed.
Seems as though these Vic. parasites are hell bent on revenue raising at any excuse. ( Read some of the items in A.M.C. News ). If they got out from behind trees maybe there wouldn,t be 21 dead over holiday period. Only 1 in N.T. where there are no speed limits. I wonder has any body written a letter of complaint to Bracks or Traffic authorities and received a reply.
Anyhow for all the griping and protesting over levies and speed cameras you still voted them back in to power.
Clocked my Yamaha at 270 but i didnt stop,
Anyhow thats my 20 c. worth ,hope the time passes quickly for you,if you lose licence- innocent until proved guilty - maybe the pigs gear was faulty?
No net at home at the moment, back at work now = reply.

I came around the corner and saw a bike approaching and gave them the nod as I was passing. At that instant I saw it was a cop bike. I slowed right back down to 100 kph and watched in the rearview to see if he'd come back, which he eventually did - I was riding for about another minute before he actually decided to put on the lights.

I don't know what the consequences are if you run, I imagine they wouldn't be very friendly. There are a few things I don't want to do if I don't have to. Go to court and even worse, do any jail time. I also wouldn't particularly want to endanger my partner/pillions life - i this case I had a good mate on the back. Also, in the back of my mind I thought he might be 'kind'. I didn't realise I was actually going 180. 100kph seems so slow, as you all know, after doing 200+.

I think I've decided to hang onto the bike, as you suggested Scott, my girlfriend actually encouraged me too, knowing how much I love it. It would be better finiancially to keep it rather than sell it, especially considering the extras.

Beestroyer - I don't actually have to go to court, just an on the spot fine. [+ suspended licence]

I'm not going to do anything further - ie get out of it. I got done, it's that simple even though it sucks.

Thanks for the replies guys. : )) makes it that little bit easier to deal with.

Now on to figuring out how/what to do to store it.

cheers,
-jon-
Jon, sorry to here about you getting caught by the pigs but i know what its like. About 15 years ago i got done on the freeway near mittagong in nsw.I tried to do a runner as i was traveling at 240klms/h their,was no way the cop was going to catch me but i couldnt beat the radio or the road block in front of me. Needless to say i lost my licence for 12 months....$2000 fine and suspened from driving or riding in nsw for 3 years as i was a victorian. If it was current day they would probably hang me.........Keep your chin up. by for now Rod..................PS the bike was a kawasaki 750 turbo
Ah yes, the old 750 turbo, what a weapon (for it's day).
Still got my owners pamphlet. Went real good with a bit of extra boost & bigger exhaust. Saw 260 once during a run with a GPZ 900 (the 900 was behind me) !!
Jon, you did the right thing pulling over.

Road you don't know as well as the cop + pillion passenger + high speed pursuit + adrendalin/dopamine rush = potential disaster that would make 12 month loss of licence look like nothin.

Smart decision in those circumstances.

Best of luck for the 12 months.

By the way, I've been lead to believe that cops are lothed to show any leaniency when a pillion passenger is being carried.
I dunno, that cop didn't actually wave you down and you could have just keep going at 180 or crept up to 200. By the time he U-turned and started pursuing he would have had to accelerate to 200 first then go over it to start catching up. An extra minute or 2 at 200 would have seen you way gone and if you did get busted how were you to know it was a cop you passed.
there we were on saturday evening heading out for dinner, my mate quietly driving his 1987 crescida with his wife in the front, me and my girlfriend in the back.. he turns left at a quiet little street and these two cops following in an unmarked holden pull him over with a short burst of their siren.. one cop walks over to my mate and tells him that his number plate (one of those green suspect varieties) was illegal,,
just having pretend removed my seatbelt (which i was fumbling to pretend that i was wearing) i hop out and have a look at the suspect number plate which looks perfectly ok to me, the cop then walks over to me and asks me if i had a particular reason for not wearing my seatbelt, hmmmm.. i figured what the hell and told him that we were just about to pull over so that we could make a phone call, by this time both cops were busy writing out tickets with no further questions asked,,
he looks at my license and asks me if i ride a motorbike, i ask him why and he tells me that he had booked me once before and then it all suddenly came rushing back, he sure did, a 5 pointer via 2 consecutive tickets worth $270 at the time... bastard!! anyway the end of the day i get a ticket for $135 and no points (phewwwwww) and my mate cops a similar fine but with 3 POINTS!!!!!!! and got breathalysed to boot no mercy no tolerance.... now if all that ain't about revenue i don't know what is.... let's face it we really endangered lives and were a serious safety risk on the road....... 2 old farts driving an old crescida at 35 kmh, my mate dropped his bundle and gave them the abusing of their lives... they just laughed it off and drove away with a very satisfied grin...
Well bugger me Slong...!...if I was not just answering another of your postings with regards to fuel evaporation.......JUST kidding ..bad luck matey..I too copped a minor fine on Sunday 103 in an 80 zone.....$135 and 3 points..Doohhhhh

Chin up buddy
Just another day in Merry Victoria.

Not having ridden the bus for a few weeks, yesterday Tuesday a cooler day I hungred to ride, so off I went into town checking out my favourite toys. On the way back up Dandenong Road through that great S bend after Hawthorn Rd. I take the bend with as much lean as I dare and sure enough that beatifull stretch ahead 3 lanes and all empty. With nothing parked suspiciously on the left for the next 100 metres I enjoy the open space. Weaving in and out I reach Grange Rd. take the right turn after just turning green with a nice lean, just over the railway tracks burst of siren behind me. "Where the fu.. did he come from?". Pull over, remove helmet and gloves while he comes over, from one of those special blue marked cop car with all them flashy stickers.

Thinking that he's got me for splitting lanes, he points out to me the speed and location, yes that nice stretch, he said I was doing 96-99 on a 70 zone (only 99?). I clarified the location some more, as I hadnt seen a shadow of him etc. etc. I was talking nicely and so was he, he asked why did I speed etc. I never offered any excuses, saying something that I was suprised it was 70 and not 80 and what a lovely stretch that is blah blah.

Well seeing that you have behaved in such a good manner or something to that effect, he said he would drop the speed some so I dont lose my license for a month (new rules) and dropped it to 24 over and proceeded to ticket me. $200 and 3 points.

We chatted some more, Busa yeah best bike blah blah. All done I shook his hand and rode off, and busily thinking to myself, how did I miss the car? (in Station St.), the lean, the lean thats it. Why didnt I ask him to let me off with a warning? How didnt I see in the mirror something coming up fast in chase, could have lost him in traffic? Darn Victorian draconians.........pleasant cop....but why shake his hand??

Volvi,It seems old habits are hard to break(just kidding).They are just money sucking leeches out there.But we are just trying to save your life.....YEAH RIGHT.I was reading in the paper the other day on how these new road laws that are in, to save us and make things safer on the roads, but i turn the next page and they are talking about dangerous BLACK SPOT areas which are badly in need of repair.The governments answer"WE HAVE NO FUNDS TO FIX THESE PROBLAMS".Give me a break.Where is all this revenue going? Probably to some slush fund or to the TAC to make ads for prime time telly to show us how stupid we all are.Why dont they just F**K OFF.(off the soap box now).After reading all these letters maybe i will just keep the beast in the garage and just drool over it.Thats my 2c worth Rod.
You'll never stare at it in the garage! Dont kid yourself.

Every time i read these posts i think about the one that said "who saw any police over christmas?". Its soooo true that i saw not a single police car on the road, but did see twice as many speed cameras. How can they even deny revenue raising?
Hey Jon,
What a bastard! Everytime we go out for a ride we are confronted with the problem of enjoyment versus infringement. I ride conservatively in built up areas but when I'm out in the boondocks I like to speed a little (or a lot). Almost every close call I've ever had whilst riding or driving has been in built up areas. I presume you were riding the 'busa out of town, the copper turning and chasing you probably posed more of a risk to the general public than you.
Think hard about selling the 'busa Jon, it can be hard to come up with 20k all at once, unless you invest the money!
Lets hope this puritanical attack against speed goes the way of the Prohibition in the USA. Lots of people liked that idea but very few people liked living without a drink when they wanted it.
Regards, Denis.