Melbourne to Perth ride, & back !!
G'day all, I'm doing a ride across the Nullabor in April. Will be going by Great Ocean Rd some of way to Adelaide, then up thru Naracorte missing S.A. south coast, but thru vineyards hilly sections and brilliant country. From Port Augusta, down followingsouth coast to Whyalla, Port Lincoln, then Ceduna. Then dead straight across to Norseman, down the whole of W.A. south thru awesome open and farming hilly, and cornering country, to Esperance, Albany, Bunbury and Busselton, Mandurah, and into Perth.

Only got 2 weeks off work, so might have to hire a cheap rental truck to drive back with bikes in back if I'm wrecked. Has anyone done this trip b4 and is there any hints of places to stay or stop and look at?? Gunna have some awesome pictures - just bought a travel book for there from Australian Geographic store.

Cheers, Peter

P.s. - might have portable fridge on back running off my battery and might borrow a portable GPS from work and hook up on side of fairing next to tank??!! (just joking... maybe!!)
Lucky bugger is all I can add. Envy is a terrible burden!

Makes a trip up the Oxley or down to PI look pretty weak by comparison.

Best of luck and send pictures.

Poh.
Is the GPS to plot your path back here on the discussion board
I just came back from there but I took the car cos my brother thinks bike's r coffins on wheels. And he just about killed me because all I kept saying I wish I was on the BUSA all the way there and back.We went up to mildura then on spalding, pt-Agusta to ceduna,eclua,Norsman,Southern Cross,then on to Perth.
I carn't tell u any place to stop and look at I drove straight thorogh But I wish U well and have fun watch out 4 roos but....
I lived in Alice springs for a while, and rode from there back to sydney at the end of my contract.(CBX1000 - twice the size half the power)
Just 1 piece of advice . . never ride at dusk or dawn or in between. They wiiill get you!!
G'day,

I rode the Bus from Perth to Phillip Island then up through the Snowy Mts to Yass? then up to Sydney and then to the Central Coast NSW then up to Pt McQuarie down the Oxley Gingers Creek, Tamworth, Bathurst,Back to Barossa Valley ,Morgan,Burra,then back up to Pt Augusta and then back over the Eyre Hwy to perth.
23 days approx 11,000 kays. Oh yeah, the missus did it on a 01 GSXR750 !!

Next time i will make a few mods for comfort.
Throttle lock (cruise control)
Scott chain oiler
Sheepskin Seat Cover
Double bubble screen

It was a fantastic trip. DO IT !!

Jeff