Air Box Mod
I had the full air box mod done this weekend on my bike, and it turned out really great. I havent added any special filter as yet, though not entirely convinced as yet that it's warranted but will need a new filter very soon so may just upgrade it a bit.

My report of the bike is that it's just fantastic, definately crisper and feels more powerfull (or perhaps just more responsive). Having Akropovic 4 into 1's, I have been told that the mod is more effective for the pipes. So a definate worth while doing.

My next mod soon will be the clutch/back torque limitor, which should help dragging from lights without the usual fear of stalling. Also I am told it contributes to the life of the clutch. Edited by: Volvi  at: 12/5/00 9:56:43 pm
Volvi

Where have you got the information re the back tourque limiter mod? I was thinking of doing this myself however I haven't chased it up as yet.

The back torque limiter is a pretty simple device. Are you replacing it or modifying it?
It will be modified and the information is from a reliable source.
hey volvi, the airbox mod is a winner ok, it may not give you a huge hp increase (and we are talking "genuine" ponies here) but it definately makes your throttle response a lot crisper particularly with your 4 in 1 system,,

once my back torque limitor is done i'll have to give you a drag,,

cheers
les

just a further little note on the airbox mod,,

the mod is not as simple to do as it may seem, one requires some care in cutting the required plastic housing and bits without "butchering" it,,

special tools are available to do this type of work at a professional level, so don't let your average backyard tinkerer hack into it or it could end up looking like a pit bull had a good old chew,,

cheers
les