Ping Richard
Richard, the call on where you donate the profits from Jindy is of course yours but please consider my comments in the "Sponsor Thanks" thread.

I know that some helicopter rescue services are not volunteer funded but others are. Maybe a split of funds to a couple of self funded ones is a good idea.

Anyone else have a feeling on this?

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
Busgo, it wasn't my call at all. There are reasons why that charity was chosen, and if that person chooses to reveal their reasoning, or change their choice, then it will be so. Once the auction monies are received, then we will confirm the destination and amount.

Your opinion has been noted
Thanks.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
just to make sure - an set amount is set aside for the club hosting & site yes? "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

BUSGO, I agree with you, though I was not a part of Jindy.

I have done some work for a non-profit, charity helicopter rescue service that relies on donations to keep them in the air, and help save babies with a medical contract they have ... but i hear they are running out, due a lack of donations & funding. Good Call you had!

RICHARD, did you receive my SMS message to you last night. Your phone was ringing me by mistake, but could hear you yabbering in background. Also about those strange SMS's that are coming to me again? Must be voo-doo again

Cheers, Aero
let the money go to someone desrving. bling my busa fund! Edited by: AzaVic at: 2/3/07 2:47
Aza items were donated to the club for auction to raise money for charity there are a lot of people that need the money more than the club Raz i dont no what the $ value is for the club but im sure Richard will have funds for the club costs
now shore you must have a warm fuzzy fealing that we can help some good charities out there
REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com
0433 92 99 22Edited by: ROD at: 2/3/07 2:38
Listen Busgo,, U organise some goods for next ride and u can donate the $$ to the fly boys or the RSPCA. Are u directly involved with any charity???

Cheers,
Kawasuki
Money where your mouth is its called.When someone else is prepared to be out of pocket to support an event in a significant way they can earn the right to choose their charity.Fence sitters don,t count.Perhaps its time someone else lead the sponsoring and see how they go fighting over the charity.My guess is the major prize would be a set of tyres.Thats $500 to careflight?Choosing a different charity is fine whingeing about it after the good results of jindy is a bit poor.Suggesting a change for next year gives everyone time to decide whether they want to support the agreed charity.No problems there.
@Kawasuki and @Spamanglenn

Get you heads into shape fellas.

If you sponsored the event that great..

I am not wingeing or supporting the RSPCA..

All I have done is suggest that the money that was fortunately raised could go to a cause that supports bikers.

I support the Salvation Army for what they do. Not necessarily how they do it.

I am not a fence sitter - if I have an opinion, I'll let you know.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
By the way Kawasuki.
Your business may do a lot better if you weren't abusive to your potential customers in a public forum....

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
You are entitled to your opinion, Busgo, and entitled to express it. I have no problem with the anything that has been said on this thread.

Nobody is being antagonistic, so let's not let this degenerate.

But the matter is now considered finalised.

There are hundreds of worthwhile charities out there, all needing to somehow tap the limited funds that are being offered. I can think of 3 or 4 that I would give preference to over the Salvos. I can also name a few that I would rather see disappear as I think they either "sap the goodwill", or I can't believe they raise money for "that".

The Salvos are one of the longest existing charities, and are generally well respected. I, and I believe all the admins / moderators, are happy to endorse Ray's preference.

As for splitting the money - I think it is great to be able to give a large donation to one charity and feel like it will make a difference.

So, the issue is closed, and thanks for the opinion.

Now, anybody want to talk about the colour of Raz's bike? Edited by: demeester at: 2/3/07 8:04
Read the threads in the order that they were posted.
I have done nothing to cause antagonism, mereley offered constructive advice.

Yep subject closed.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!