Tyre Talk
I ran a new set of P diablo corsa's to Jindy. 40psi pressure. On the way Raz and I took a detour from the main group.. while nobody was looking we rode reasonably hard through corners etc.. to catch up with the group.

Coming out of the corners my tyres felt like goo.

If you look at the sides of the tyres where the chicken strips used to be, you can see that the chicken was well and truley fried..

My guess is that with the heat on the day, the way we were riding, plus some spinning up of tha back wheel out of corners, i melted the things. I think the goo feeling was the tyres wondering because of gooey rubber mixed with wheel spin as we cornered.

Rather than chuck away the next set that need to go on.. how do we cure it ? Less right hand ? Doesnt sound like fun. Tyre pressure change ? Maybe delay right hand action just a little longer ?

Suppose this is not a question easily answered but maybe some others have cooked tyres and cured there problems without actually knocking off pace ?
Get a set of Metzeller M3s

BRADDO
"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch."

Reckon its quality control problem. Scrubbed in the tyres, had 500 ks on them and almost came unstuck after peeling the bike in. Stopped had a look - same issue - they got got black oily goo raising up thru the 'chicken strips'

Sent an email to Pirelli who initially offered another set for half price. But why pay half price for another set if you know it might be the same. So i asked for a free 'replacement' set and never heard from them again. No more Pirellis for me.
The softer variety of sport tyres are not suited to highway blasting.
You get terrific feel and grip from tyres like BT020s and M3s at highway speeds.
The BT014s and M1s etc are great for quick bursts up and down a few twisty roads but as you have found they can't cope with constant high speed especially on a hot day.

Having said that Shredder and M8EE have made a mess of good M3s in a short space of time but burnouts and blackies are not really touring.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
I have just fitted a Metzeller M3 on the front and a Z6 Roadtec rear. These are the best tyres I have ever had on my bike and are very suited to high speed touring. Feels like a train on a track and the wear is excellent. Cheers Taub
Just in time for Nymboida Taub...

Your gonna need em.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
I can't wait Ray. We were just planning things tonight and I am bloody excited. Cheers Taub
Interesting. The Aust super stock class run the super corser as a control tyre. A friend races a zx6 in super stock and the corser hold up really well.. I figured 1 level up would be perfect for the riding i do.. Maybe I will chuck on something else and do the same trip on a hot day and see if there is a difference.
Stick with the street model of the Super corser its a bit harder than the track cs3 its for the road but still has shit loads of grip, also 002 street Bridgestone. Cheers,
Kawasuki
If you run 40psi on any tyre and work it hard you will get a similar effect.Not enough case deformation equals a smaller contact patch equals overheated rubber.Road tyres may slide more gradually and supersport rubber or similar will just overheat and go to goo and feel real greasy and can slide violently.For fast power out cornering 36-38psi hot will allow the tyre to give its best.Yes 2 psi does make a big difference.I ran 38hot on my cut slick no problems,great feel in the wet too.A few people don,t like diablo corsa,supercorsa are very good though.They make a street compound as well.