Busa vs. GSXR1000
Hey guys,
I was reading the latest version of Australian Motor Cycle New this morning about the 2007 Model GSXR1000. Very impressive I must admit, especially that Moto GP inspired A B and C engine set-up thing.

Anyway, the thing that got me wondering were the bike's specs. Power is claimed to be 139kw, and I think the weight is around the 170kg mark. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but a stock Busa power is claimed to be 131kw (from Two Wheels) and 248kg. So with this match, I would say that the logical fallout is that the GSXR100 would have better acceleration than the busa, simply because it weighs less and has more hp. However, from what I read in AMCN a while back this is not the case, and the GSXR1000 is actually slower (acceleration-wise) than the bus. Does this make sense to anyone else other than me? If this is the case, then how is it that the busa is quicker than the GSXR1000. I assume it can't be because of aerodynamics because I'm sure that the Gixxer's are not half bad either. So why is it?

Thanks for your help guys - this question's just purely for curiosity purposes.

Paul.
GSXR1000 has top end power, gutless (sort of compared to a busa) down low.

One is an out and out scratcher the other is a super tourer.

It is all about torque not HP.
As you know the busa pulls hard from 2,500rpm and the GIXXER needs to be up arount 5 before it gets mobile.

The busa is super stable at high speed the GSXR1000 is sharper on the track...

The GSXR1000 is a super light highly stressed motor the busa donk is solid as a rock.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
Horses for courses Dude, 1k is a good weekend warrior for short trips and scratching around. If thats your thing then go for the 1k.
Busa is a better allrounder eg carrying pillions and weekends away.
1K has the peak hp and less weight so can catch an unaware Busa rider out.
In a drag race, the forward weight bias and longer wheel-base of the Busa means it will launch quicker than a 1k(in the right hands).
What was the stat on Torque, Paul? I am magazine deficent atm.
If it has more power and lower weight then it's faster.

Do you know anyone on a gixxer who can actually use that performance??? Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity
Do you know anyone who can use all the busas performance?
Its a bit like compairing a wrx and a v8 holden.Sure they both go pretty quick and to little turbos go once you wind the rubber band up,but they cannot beat the grunt of a big v8.
Then if we want to talk handling,well i dont think the v8 would get a look in on the tighter stuff....Busa/gixxer thou same/same.
Back in black!
QuoteVery Happyo you know anyone who can use all the busas performance?

That actually begs the question of - what is classed as using all the performance the busa has to offer???

I have nfi - but I'd be interested to know what others say "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

Sorry guys my comments were poorly worded. The point I was trying to make is that the busa uses its weight well in real world conditions - on a race track the gixxer is quicker. On a bumpy corner - twisty road - general road riding conditions then the busa is quicker, more relaxed and more comfortable basically its easier to ride quickly IMHO.

A good mate of mine has a 06 gixxer that I often ride and I see it as a no contest on road.

Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity
Edited by: Blackzook at: 5/3/07 18:52
Well Raz,i think it means basically can you out ride the bike?
Do you come out of a corner at redline wishing there was more power?
Do you think that 300+ kph is not enough?
If you answer yes to any of these questions,then yes,you need another bike or more power,but if you were doing this on the road,then it wont be too long before you are a road statistic.
Back in black!Edited by: rocket rod 7777  at: 5/3/07 18:54
My bike ,makes 100ftlb at 6000rpm a gixer wont do that. Cheers,
Kawasuki
Check out the performance numbers and weights @ measurement in the Sport Rider website
www.sportrider.com/bikes/...e_numbers/
www.sportrider.com/tech/1...surements/
Cheers
Re: Do you know anyone who can use all the busas performance?

YES!

The End

Thanks for all your input guys - much appreciated

Thanks for that website link gixxer - it goes to prove what I was thinking all along - the 1000 is just a bit faster from a standing start than the bus. But like everyone says, it was born for the track whilst for all us regular riders who ride on the road the bus wins hands down. And what's 10/100ths of a second for a quarter mile between friends anyway?

Glenn not sure about that torque figure but I will check the mag again today and get back to you.

Paul.
No Paul, a 1k is a tad slower from a standing start. Don't let those mags fool you. Never seen a stock wheelbase 1k pull a good 60' time in Oz. They hit the power and wheelie and then its all over. Extended swingarm different story, bt then again the busa is more buildable anyway.
tenacious, that 1000 would be an amzing bike for someone of your size. It probably wouldnt be that bad on longer distances for you either. You dont need a bike that can carry ya fat beer belly. The bike weight would make it so much nicer for you to ride... Imagine what a guy of your weight could do with a bike thats atleast 40kg or so lighter that the bus around those corners at Jindy. I know if I didnt have my beer gut I would look at the 1000. Going back 5 years when i was around the 85kg mark rather than the 115kg mark I would buy the 1000 over the bus and still use the 1000 for longer rides.