Carbon fibre exhaust mount
My new exhaust just rocked up. the akra 4-1. It has come with a carbon fibre exhaust clamp. should something go between the carbon fiber and the pipe or does it just bolt straight to the titanium can..?
shud be straight on from memory when I had one. wuda thought it wud be a steel clamp or titanium to match. but i guess carbon fibre wont scratch the cans.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
yeah, i was thinking the carbon fibre would mark the cans. was condidering putting a layer of that colsed cell neoprene foam that sticks on to the inside of the bracket. just to give it some protection.
i mentioned that I dont think the C/F wud mark the cans the metal ones wud. i dont know that material your suggesting but remember the heat of a can, you dont want to put something on that wud melt and cook on the can never to be removed.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
yeah thats a fair call.

will do some more research i think..
If your worried about it then maybe wipe the inside of the bracket with high temp silicone before mounting, it will hold it in place. Mine did move slightly during all the years that I had it but the marking wasn't bad and it didn't bother me.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:If your worried about it then maybe wipe the inside of the bracket with high temp silicone before mounting, it will hold it in place. Mine did move slightly during all the years that I had it but the marking wasn't bad and it didn't bother me.

shit yeah, top idea. thats exactly what ill do... thanks mate