Rocketrod Wrote:Nah,just sick of people telling me to resize my pics.Violin

havent had to tell you Rod your a good boy using thumbnails :2funny:
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Rocketrod Wrote:Nah,just sick of people telling me to resize my pics.Violin

Clap

Roll
The Wild Wind Wrote:Sick of telemarketers?

"Do not call" register

Nah, have some fun with em. Do what i did;

Got a call one night around 8PM, telemarketer. I asked where she had gotten my number from considering the name she called me was the previous owner of my phone number. She didn't answer and i mentioned that it seemed unfair that she knew my name (cough cough) and where i lived yet i knew nothing about her. She had told me her first name so i asked her last telling her it was only fair. She otld me. Then i turned the conversation to the weather, "sounds better than here" i said, "where are you?" Perth she answered. Hmmm, kewl. She told me a bit about the product i listened. (meanwhile i'm plugging the info thus far into whitepages.com.au) "You have a nice voice" i say, "so are you single?" She giggles and says yes. (Two names had come up in my search, one in a street, the other in a court) I make a comment, "Far out! This crazy hoon keeps speeding up and down the street, he's gunna hit somebody some day or worse some poor kid!" Stupid telemarketer tells me that she never has that problem cause she lives in a quite little court. HAHA got ya, i think. So... I contine the chat we were having, "So you were telling me about this product, why dont you tell me in person. We could get to know one another, get comfortable, have a few drinks..." she said that sounded great with a bit more of a giggle so i suggested, "How about i call you later?" She giggled again till i said her home phone number and asked if that was right by telling her the address as well. She changed her tone very quickly asking how i knew that. All i said was, "Have a little respect for other peoples privacy. Calling people randomly outside of business hours is a really crappiy thing to do. Just imagine if i started giving your home phone number out to random strangers. Get a new job, there are a heap of more respectable things you could do....... She hung up! :)

I haven't had a telemarketing call since.
Quote: CapeBusa

Mate THAT'S GOLD! Clap
Regards, Grant...

Once a Busa Owner... Always a Busa lover! ;)
My Gallery Thread
Very nice Capebusa !!!
when they call at work and ask for the "business owner", i just ask why and they proceed to tell you its because of lower priced ph bills or some shit. i just go sure thing mate please hold the line, and throw em on hold.. i feel i am doing a public service in a sense, while they are on hold they arent harassing someone else. i have had one wait for over 15 mins...
If they call and ask for the house-holder just put your 2 year old on the phone, they stop bothering you and it keeps the kids busy for 5 minutesPi_thumbsup

Cheers SteveVery Happy
nice work Cape :) sounds like something I would do - in fact - I have black & unlisted numbers via a program on my home pc :)
I dont mind if charities call - but i am selective about who i support and firmly but pleasantly say no to the others.

The other two types of calls i get are usually about telephone or mortgage deals - so i just tell them i work for telstra and and im sure they cant beat the staff rate, same with the mortgage guys.

I usually get immediate silence or a hang up and if i answer and there is a connection gap (coming from Bombay) i just hang up.

Ruffy
HOLY CRAP... Have you seen the exclusions on WHO can actually still call you?!... Hardly worth it really...
Regards, Grant...

Once a Busa Owner... Always a Busa lover! ;)
My Gallery Thread
You reckon? They are only a small percentage of what calls me. It's the phone deals / mortgage / roof restorers / etc that call me most of the time.
I always thought of a good way to do it is when they call ask them can they hold for a sec.Put the phone down and come back 20 minutes later and see if they are still waiting.This will cost their company lots of $$$$$$ if they are calling from overseas.
Now getting back to the picture resizing..................Lol3
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!