Playing with my hump
Hi all,

Wow, thanks for all of the advice so far - this forum is unbelievable - which means the people in it are too!)

I have noticed that my hump on the back of the bike doesn't sit flush all the way around, ie one side sits a little higher than the other. The bike has had a crack in the subframe which was repaired under warranty -but maybe it wasn't rewelded quite straight? Anyway, I have found another original alloy sub frame, so maybe I'll just replace it and grab those support braces.

As I said, this forum is great - so much so, that I have been able to miss out on washing the car, mowing the lawn, faining interest with the brides discussion and feeding the next door neighbours dog (all just this weekend) - point is , I have been too busy reading the forum (the dog has been yoadilling a lot, and that is a bit disturbing - guess I'd better get it something....throws bone)

OK, well, back to pretending that my bike has arrived (got another two weeks before taking delivery of the 99 copper).

Ciao
A
did come accross another bike with bent sub frame that made hump not sit corect but they dont sit that flash anyway
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Mine's off at the moment but after this morning's ride it's going back on in place of the pillion seat. Just to stop my fat arse sliding back when wrenching on the loud handle....
Mine aint flush either - thought it was a subframe - swapped it (Thanks again to Magg0t) but no change.
" The bike has had a crack in the subframe which was repaired under warranty "

I thought they were replaced with a steel one.????
Maj Wrote:" The bike has had a crack in the subframe which was repaired under warranty "

I thought they were replaced with a steel one.????

Good point, but I believe it was the dealers warranty as they sold it secondhand(ie out of original factory warranty), so I guess no recourse back to Suzuki.

I guess I will figure out how to change the subframe once I get the bike here - couldn't be too hard could it?
A
RaZz0R Wrote:Mine aint flush either - thought it was a subframe - swapped it (Thanks again to Magg0t) but no change.

Yes, that is what I am thinking might happen (I can;t image they would repair something a leave it crooked...then again - you should see my nose!) My original didn't fit quote right, and from what I can remember, you can't adjust them either, but maybe I am wrong.
A
mine sits really nicely, but put mine on razs, and it doesnt, put raz's on my bike and it sits nicely too.. ?
[Image: bmr.gif]
meh mines an 2001 as well... the reason we changed subframe is I have put my busa down twice at speed - once at 80kph approx & the other time probly about 60kph - so thought it might have been bent - but with the change of subframe & no change... how could it be?
Achilles Wrote:(I can;t image they would repair something a leave it crooked...then again - you should see my nose!) My original didn't fit quote right, and from what I can remember, you can't adjust them either, but maybe I am wrong.
A

Your original nose didn't fit quite right.... you can't adjust it Undecided

Have I wandered into the plastic surgery thread ?
Astrobusa Wrote:
Achilles Wrote:(I can;t image they would repair something a leave it crooked...then again - you should see my nose!) My original didn't fit quote right, and from what I can remember, you can't adjust them either, but maybe I am wrong.
A

Hey, thank for that - I'lll go and take a peek
A
RaZz0R Wrote:meh mines an 2001 as well... the reason we changed subframe is I have put my busa down twice at speed - once at 80kph approx & the other time probly about 60kph - so thought it might have been bent - but with the change of subframe & no change... how could it be?

Yep, that is kind weird
Achilles Wrote:
Astrobusa Wrote:
A

Hey, thank for that - I'lll go and take a peek
A

Nope, I am going to have to mortgage the house to fix this snot box!