"Let's all get together" ...
mechanx Wrote:Bathurst is central to everyone ?

No. I stiil like the Jindy run, the oxley is good but i have a fear that people will go to ballistic on it.
I'm with Ray.

MaxBeer:Beer:Beer:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I still want Jindy as well - but that looks to be 08 :/
Well im down in tassie at the moment and relize why i moved out of this dump blody :Shivering: even when the sun shines lets go to Qld Confused
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
pan Wrote:I'm talking about apparent "splitting", "them and us", "start your own thread" nature of what I'm reading.

Doesn't it seem silly to you that a thread called "Let's all get together" ... has shaped into 3 possible rides?

I would prefer if some people could be a little more flexible, that's all.
The sith were not flexible, and look what happened Frown. Star Wars taught us so much! How can we not see what is shaping-up here?

To tru Pan if we are going to have two rides ok fair enough the only thing that has to be organised is not to clash dates so one b4 xmas and one after as now personly i would like to do both but i probely would trailer bike to sydney then ride from there for north ride so lets get it together and start working on destinations
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Well guys, I've just returned from 3 days on the road based in Coffs Harbour and I can tell you that it is probably the best alternate venue that I could find than Jindy.
It is mid way between Sydney and Brisbane and has oodles of large motels. Some have around 100 rooms.
The location and climate are ideal for riding with the Waterfall and Summerland ways just around the corner.
You can do a 400 k run up to Armidale and back, 2 hours each way, on one of the best bike roads in the WORLD, not just OZ.
It is not as dangerous as the Oxley and the surface is 100% better but still has all the twisties and open sweepers you could ask for.
There are 3 or 4 fixed speed cameras in and around Coffs but in 1,200 ks I saw 1 patrol car and it was on the Pacific Hwy.
We have a member or two up that way and I would be happy to help organise a run around late September or early October this year.
I don't want to split the group, but this will be an opportunity for the Northerners and any Southerners who want to come to get together.
From my place in Newcastle to Coffs via the Pacific Hwy is 5 easy hours. Add 2 extra hours from Sydney. There are much better roads than the Pacific Hwy though if you have time to overnight along the way.
If there is enough show of interest, I will seek out a motel in the mid range price bracket that will let me book out in advance. The average cost of a double room in Coffs is $70. per night.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
My opion is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jindy in early Dec 2007 and the togetherness ride in early 2008.?
so whos making the decision ?
[Image: bmr.gif]
kawasuki Wrote:My opion is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AGREE!! Beer:Beer:Beer:TrophyTrophy:ausflag:
I like Jindy Dec except for the fact im taking all of November off work for my honeymoon.. Would love to book the days in December before I put in for my Nov leave with work... Finalising dates and locations would be great :)
[Image: bmr.gif]
kawasuki Wrote:My opion is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

...only problem is that 63% of those that responded to the pole don't agree. Sure, we'll get a good turnout, but it could be better and fairer up north!
so we'll do jindy & you guys can have something early next year - win - win situation! :)
BUSGO Wrote:Well guys, I've just returned from 3 days on the road based in Coffs Harbour and I can tell you that it is probably the best alternate venue that I could find than Jindy.
It is mid way between Sydney and Brisbane and has oodles of large motels. Some have around 100 rooms.
The location and climate are ideal for riding with the Waterfall and Summerland ways just around the corner.
You can do a 400 k run up to Armidale and back, 2 hours each way, on one of the best bike roads in the WORLD, not just OZ.
It is not as dangerous as the Oxley and the surface is 100% better but still has all the twisties and open sweepers you could ask for.
There are 3 or 4 fixed speed cameras in and around Coffs but in 1,200 ks I saw 1 patrol car and it was on the Pacific Hwy.
We have a member or two up that way and I would be happy to help organise a run around late September or early October this year.
I don't want to split the group, but this will be an opportunity for the Northerners and any Southerners who want to come to get together.
From my place in Newcastle to Coffs via the Pacific Hwy is 5 easy hours. Add 2 extra hours from Sydney. There are much better roads than the Pacific Hwy though if you have time to overnight along the way.
If there is enough show of interest, I will seek out a motel in the mid range price bracket that will let me book out in advance. The average cost of a double room in Coffs is $70. per night.

I already have the Northern NSW River Rampage in late March 08 underway and my offer for Coffs was for September / October 07.
Anyone who wants to be involved just say so.
I'll judge the response and if there is interest I'll go ahead, otherwise I'll drop it.
The Honda Snowy run is on November 10th this year as well.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
RaZz0R Wrote:so we'll do jindy & you guys can have something early next year - win - win situation! :)

Hang on a minute! So who is "we" Raz?

Is this "we" the AUSTRALIAN Hayabusa Club, or the Victorian contingent that responded to the pole?

Yes, this may sound antagonising, but I feel the question has to be asked... Busgo asked it. Mybb asked it... who is making the decision and what is the decision based on?
...and I still think that talking about "we" and "you guys" is divisive and not good for the club...