Resale value - they might end up being collectors items!
What a giggle, I sold my 99 busa about three years ago for $12,500 with 19,000 k's on the clock. Last week, the same bike was sold for $13,500 with 26,000 k's (it had three offers in a week and the bloke who got it ended up paying full tote odds so I believe)

Needless to say - yes, it was a 99 copper, but heck, if a GTHO can get $640,000 at auction, what will these bikes be worth in 10 - 15 years (if only I could start a collection of copper busas like that blokes helmets display) I think the bride/war department/chief operating officer/handbrake/financial controller/go slow button/cook/director of the fun police might have other ideas though.

hmmmm.....

looking looking lookingRead
26,000 ks in 8 years is slow running.
Not even run in yet. They loosen up at about 40,000 and start to purr.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:26,000 ks in 8 years is slow running.
Not even run in yet. They loosen up at about 40,000 and start to purr.

I'll say, the guy I sold it to worked in the mines and was always away (apparently), so never got time to ride it. The new one (to me) I picked up has 33,000 clicks, so she is still a young'n also. I am going to get her serviced, any suggestions on what I should get taken care of, ie oil and filter obviously, but what about, brake fluid, fork oil? Tappets? dyno tune? and the li$t goe$ on
A
If you haven't serviced it before, I suggest you do the oil and filter, clean or replace the air filter, check the timing position sensor, TPS, and make sure it is set properly, balance the injectors and make sure the idle is set at 1150 rpm. Drain the oil strainer on 99 models.
Clean and re-lube the chain and if the sprockets are showing wear on the tips, replace with c45 carbon alloy steel ones.
Check the tappet shims if you like but I'm guessing that they are still standard gaps.
Check the wheel and steering head bearings, brake pads and change the fluids.
Done!
Regards BUSGO
Pi_thumbsup
BUSGO Wrote:If you haven't serviced it before, I suggest you do the oil and filter, clean or replace the air filter, check the timing position sensor, TPS, and make sure it is set properly, balance the injectors and make sure the idle is set at 1150 rpm. Drain the oil strainer on 99 models.
Clean and re-lube the chain and if the sprockets are showing wear on the tips, replace with c45 carbon alloy steel ones.
Check the tappet shims if you like but I'm guessing that they are still standard gaps.
Done!

Gday Busgo,
Hey buddy I'm pretty sure that TPS, stands for Throttle position switch and you may be thinking of a Crank angle sensor, by the way all good advice. Crank angle signal may be hard to test if ya havent got tha gear.
Cheers matePi_thumbsup
Very Happy

Thanks for the advice re servicing etc, she arrives on Wednesday - finding it hard to sleep in anticipation - even got myself a new lid with a bit of copper going on to match the bus.
The baby poo brown ones will NEVER be a collecters item,they are just a shitty color,:2funny:
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!
Rocketrod Wrote:The baby poo brown ones will NEVER be a collecters item,they are just a shitty color,:2funny:

Jealousy is a curse Rocket - let's not forget what colour started all of this (besides I have two kids under 4 - with another on the way Idiot2 so I am kinda used to that baby poo colour)

By the way - what is the top reading on your speedo....Lol3

Seriously though the black is kinda sexy
A
lol rocket..

If you guys want a shitty rust colour, buy an old school bike made from lots of metal and let it rust..  Why buy plastic and paint it up to look rusty ?

Im amazed at the second hand bike prices.. I have always bought new because the difference for second hand isnt great enough to make me care about the savings, but im sure it will be the other way when I go to trade in on the 08 (series 2) ;)
[Image: bmr.gif]
Buying 2nd hand makes sense to me.If you buy new the bike does most of its depreachiating in the 1st couple of years.You buy one that is a few years old and look after it when it comes time to sell or trade up you wont lose that much money,in fact i have made money on a few bikes over the years,but i guess there is nothing like that new bike smell or feel,but you pay for it.

Quote:By the way - what is the top reading on your speedo
Does it really matter unless you have reached it?
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!
Rocketrod Wrote:Buying 2nd hand makes sense to me.If you buy new the bike does most of its depreachiating in the 1st couple of years.You buy one that is a few years old and look after it when it comes time to sell or trade up you wont lose that much money,in fact i have made money on a few bikes over the years,but i guess there is nothing like that new bike smell or feel,but you pay for it.

Quote:By the way - what is the top reading on your speedo
Does it really matter unless you have reached it?

aha Very Happy

and I agree, second hand for me has always proven to be the way to go, I have bought and sold so many bikes over the years, I'd have to keep a full time job just paying off the depreciation if I bought them new.
Woldo Wrote:Pi_thumbsup
BUSGO Wrote:If you haven't serviced it before, I suggest you do the oil and filter, clean or replace the air filter, check the timing position sensor, TPS, and make sure it is set properly, balance the injectors and make sure the idle is set at 1150 rpm. Drain the oil strainer on 99 models.
Done!

Gday Busgo,
Hey buddy I'm pretty sure that TPS, stands for Throttle position switch and you may be thinking of a Crank angle sensor, by the way all good advice. Crank angle signal may be hard to test if ya havent got tha gear.
Cheers matePi_thumbsup

There is a crank angle sensor on the busa Waldo, but the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is on the left side top of the BUSA engine and tells the ECU when to fire the injectors.
There are other discussions in the Tech forum about how to check it.
Regards BUSGO
Shit if a copper has appreciated in value, then I've doubled my money with my 99 red.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
lol.. red is dead..

Lets hope none of you guys pick up a motor vehicle when im finished with it. Aside from that, im not good at picking faults when looking at a bike so I would end up buying some twisted up FrakenBusa that had been dressed up and bike riding already has its risks without me buying a bike that crab steers
[Image: bmr.gif]
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:Shit if a copper has appreciated in value, then I've doubled my money with my 99 red.

lol...yer. but the red ones were selling for half price to start with Lol3