Aus Superbikes 28th June - 1st July
Ever wondered what its like on the inside of the track where the Marshal's are. They get the best seat in the house. Just metres from the action. And they get in free. Off to Phillip Island this year and wont cost a cent to see the racing, as my fellow Flaggies all get extra free passes for friends to camp and enter the track. So I am taking a few mates along free gratus. Same at Queensland Raceway. Some years we get family passes as well so the partners and children can see Mum or Dad at play inside the track.

Thats right Mum or your girlfriend can Flag too. Some of the best Marshal's are women. Lots of couples flag together. The woman usually flags and the male does any pick up duties. But there is nothing stopping a lady doing pickup if they want to.

This is a 4 day meeting so if you are wanting to do this event we need to know as early as possible. We need a minimum 10 people for the Thursday to get the ball rolling.

So you have your invite to be a Track Marshals at the Aus Superbikes. Along with our experienced marshals it will be a great introduction for you to this side of the sport.

I went to Eastern Creek this year and was a Flag Marshal on the Friday, Data logger on the Saturday and Chief Comms/Race Control on the Sunday. So the highlights package you saw 2 weeks ago on Telly of Eastern Creek round was me controlling the Flag Marshal's around the circuit from the Control tower.

So whos up for it.

Look forward to an exciting 4 days of racing, and lets have drink when its all over.

Michal Garbowski
President QFML
0402 678 194

www.qfml.org.au
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres Dyno Centre
Shed 1/6 Johnstone Rd Brendale
P: 3881 0033
F: 3881 2211
E: mick@mbct.com.au
W: www.mbct.com.au/
IM going to head to the island if i get the chance, but no flagging for me, I want to be lazy for the day.
[Image: bmr.gif]