Applying decals to the busa
I have to replace a decal on the RHS of the Busa that was damaged by another motorcyclist who parked his phucn bike against mine.
I was wondering if anyone out there has any hints on how best to apply the decal.

Cheers,
P o t t s . . .
Potts Wrote:I have to replace a decal on the RHS of the Busa that was damaged by another motorcyclist who parked his phucn bike against mine.
I was wondering if anyone out there has any hints on how best to apply the decal.

Cheers,
P o t t s . . .

arent they a wet application decal?
talk to glen
Regards

Dan
[/quote]

arent they a wet application decal?
[/quote]

I don't know. I thought they had to be put on dry ? Could be wrong though.... (often am)...
Cheers,
P o t t s . . .
> talk to glen

Hey Dan, Which glen are you referring to ?? (glenn, glenn57, GlenTC or spamanglenn)
Cheers,
P o t t s . . .
Potts Wrote:> talk to glen

Hey Dan, Which glen are you referring to ?? (glenn, glenn57, GlenTC or spamanglenn)
Cheers,
P o t t s . . .

GlenTC mate. he makes them and knows his stuffPi_thumbsup also a great bloke to deal with.
yep :) it can be wet or dry app depending on the glue thats used :)

I have done them dry - very easy to do - just measure some points so you get both sides done the same :)
My ears are burning. Cheers guys. Some of you guys have dry apps, becuase I made your kits from dry app materials. I didn't build your Potts, so i will assume that you got it from Suzuki or Fleabay. If that is the case, they are wet apps. basically, this is it. Firstly, use a haridryer to remove the old decals. make sure the surfaces are super clean. Put two drops of palmolive in a bowl of water (from the kitchen, not the sucker you wash the car with). Wet the surface, pull the backer, whack it in place. move it around until it is right. Grab the hairdryer and gently begin to dry it off. It will grab. Smooth it down with the sponge. Once it has grabbed nicely. Begin to remove the application tape. Blowing some warm air in between will help. Pull the app tape clear. Check your work, Thats it. Caution: If you put too much heat on them, they will be stuffed. Be patient and do it right.
My advice;

I'm not a violent person but i would find the guy who parked his bike up against yours and explain how you would remove his head after smashing both of his kneecaps and puncturing his lungs with his own broken ribs if he didn't pay to have the damage he caused professional fixed. Or at least pay fo it to be done.

Just a suggestion. Very Happy

Geoff
hahahaaha - what cape said! :)
RaZz0R Wrote:hahahaaha - what cape said! :)

yeh remind me not to park my bike next to his Scary
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
> yeh remind me not to park my bike next to his Scary

Well this is what happened.... A few weeks ago when I got back to my bike which I park outside work at Circular Quay and I saw another bike leaning against the Busa. His clutch lever was jammed up against the fairing on the right and had scratched the f*** outta the decal (luckily it was only the decal and not the paint). I went and bought a lock from a store and locked his front wheel and wrote the owner a note. I then called the cops and asked if they could contact him, which they did and I arranged to meet the guy at our bikes to discuss how he was going to pay for it. I bought the decal set and he paid for it all, just gotta fit it now... All very civil despite the fact I wanted do something similar to what Cape said !!!!
Anyway, cheers for that guys and and a special thanks to Glen for your detailed notes. Much appreciated mate.

Later..... P o t t s . . .
Nice thinking Potts! I'm keeping that in mind for if it happens to me.
Yeah yeah, all well and good, the guy coughed up the dough and all but where's the satisfaction from seeing him cough up a bit of blood too?

It's true. Nothing is solved with violence. Who wants a sollution? I'd want satisfaction.

If somebody damaged my bike and my fists and feet didn't hurt than I wouldn't feel vindicated.

And I tell you i'm not a violent person.... don't argue with me.... You wanna fight about it????

C'mon i'll have ya, I'll have yas all!!!!!

Did i mention that i'm a 70 Kilo weakling??? :2funny:

Geoff
Did i mention that i'm a 70 Kilo weakling??? :2funny:

Geoff
[/quote]

I reckon I could take you then, I rarely lose a fight over 100 metres!