2008 Hayabusa rumours and hearsay
I know it, and you know it, Suzuki will upgrade its speed monster Hayabusa for the 2008 model year. Euro 3 dictates everything the manufacturers do these days and Kawasaki has launched its most serious attack to the top speed crown since the very first ZZR in the ZZR1400. The ZZR1400 is a big leap forward much in the same way as the 1999 Hayabusa was. When it comes to horsepower Suzuki has never rested long when a manufacturer has passed them. Obviously the 2008 'Busa has been under development for several years already. Still, we believe Suzuki has kept its super aerodynamic fairing. Changes on our artists impression are: Radial brakes with ABS, 1400cc engine, conservative estimate of 195bhp with additional ponies at high ram-air friendly speeds, majestic torque from increased bore/stroke, new stronger swing-arm, new exhaust system that conforms to Euro 3 with a catalytic converter under the bike GSX-R style, slightly sharper styling on the rear end and brand new light weight wheels. We are pushing for official comments these days and we will see what Suzuki is willing to share early on. By TS/Picture by: Hugo van Waaijen
[Image: 2007_Suzuki_GSX1400R_r.JPG]

[Image: 2007_GSX1400R_detail2.jpg]

[Image: 2007_GSX1400R_detail1.jpg]

...Motorcycle News of England is reporting it has inside information Suzuki will introduce an all-new Hayabusa later this year as a 2008 model. The driving force behind this is Euro III emissions requirements, which will necessitate a replacement of the existing machine.

Although the new bike is claimed to be faster and more powerful, no details are reported. Styling is claimed to be an evolution of the existing machine, while components get significantly upgraded (radial brake calipers and braced swingarm, for instance).

The big question is whether Suzuki intends to take on Kawasaki's massively powerful ZX-14 in the horsepower wars. If engine displacement remains relatively unchanged, as MCN suggests, this will be a difficult task for Suzuki.

........I heard that they had the new Busa ready to go...but when the 14 came out, the powers that be put it back on the drawing board. Rumor has it that when it comes out, it will be stronger than the ZX14.

......Itâ€s no secret that the Suzuki B-King is inching closing to becoming a production reality – we expect a formal announcement from Suzuki within the next two months, and the bike should be in showrooms by the end of this year.

But the bigger news is the fact that the 2008 Hayabusa will actually use the B-Kingâ€s engine! Earlier speculation that the next-generation Hayabusa might use an 1100cc, inline six-cylinder engine (taken from the Stratosphere concept…) has been proved wrong. The 2008 Hayabusa will use the B-Kingâ€s 1350cc inline-four, which is likely to pack more than 200 horsepower!
Other news on the new Hayabusa is that itâ€ll have a totally redesigned chassis, fresh styling (say goodbye to the current machineâ€s bulbous lines…), and radial brakes with optional ABS. Also, like with the 2007 GSX-R1000, the 2008 Hayabusa is likely to get rider-selectable fuel-injection mapping, which will reduce power in tricky road/weather conditions.

Will the new, 1350cc Hayabusa trounce the Kawasaki ZZR1400 in acceleration and top speed stakes? Youâ€ll have to wait for a few more months to find that out… :-)

[Image: NewBusa-705281.jpg]

[Image: ZZE_Suzuki-RT63-125-1963.jpg]

Very Happy
I can't wait to ride a B-King!
new busa WhenpigsflyWhenpigsfly
Busanthony Wrote:new busa WhenpigsflyWhenpigsfly

hahahahahahaha i honestly couldnt care less anymore.
i genuinely am happy with my busa and will be keeping for a long time i feel.
Tag 13 Wrote:
Busanthony Wrote:new busa WhenpigsflyWhenpigsfly

hahahahahahaha i honestly couldnt care less anymore.
i genuinely am happy with my busa and will be keeping for a long time i feel.

I'm with you tag, I love my bike - I stand in the shed often (and I mean often), just day dreaming, looking at the bike, caressing my - oh I'd better stop. Anyway, 200 hp out of the box (if that is what it ends up producing, that would mean I'd have 150hp I don't know what to do with.

A
with you as well Tag - my bikes now 7 years old - 53,000 on her & I am thinking that IF the 2008 ever does show up & I like it... I might change. But for now I love my bike, love its colour & will be keeping it for a while yet
All the guesswork about about the new Hayabusa will end Wed June 27 between 5:30-6:30pm at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas Nevada during the Suzuki Dealer meeting. The rest of the world will know Thursday whether it is a Hayabusa 1500 or Hayabusa 1600 or a new iteration of the 1300. This will be an ahead of schedule release, as new models are normally introduced around September. Suzuki says they plan to release many new models.

http://www.cyclechaos.com/blog/2007/03/2...-hayabusa/
IM confused.

I was gong to start doing a few bits with mine and then i thought, nah I should wait, then I think, 2nd edition is 1.5 years away.. so hard.

Launch of the 2008 busa (if there really is one) is mid june.. Other stuff i read was it was going to be a 1352cc engine with 200hp..
[Image: bmr.gif]
meh, i've officially got sick of waiting and have ordered a new toyCoolsmiley

don't stress though, i'll never part with my lil frankenbusa, we've got too much historySmitten
and the new toy is ?
ahh, now that would be telling wouldn't itCoolsmiley theres a 6 month wait till i get it i'll tell you that much...
Too late Embarassed

Spent the dough on something else.....and I got what I paid for Pi_thumbsup

Besides,after listening to you blokes & your warranty issues........I wouldn't risk it .....:ausflag:  
Never ride the A model of anything.
We did this last year when the rumour mill said six cylinder.......
We did this the year before that when the rumour mill said 1400cc's

It will be exactly the same as the 99-00 except it will be slower, the speedo will go to 280, and it will come in three bland colours, electrifying pink, kawasaki snot green and a copper colour. I'm guessing that by then we will be surmising about the 2009 Busa.

Happy to be proven wrong though........Lol3

I hear the 2026 Hayabusa will be a real corker......it will be all the colors of the rainbow, electromagnetic brakes, air conditioning, and will be a bio diesel machine that rattles like a truck. The safetycrats will have speed limited it to 25km/hr and it will have outriggers. I'm guessing it will have the same ADR indicators. By then petrol will be $5 a litre, and John Howard, now in a wheelchair driven by his chin will still not have allowed the ACCC to investigate price gouging.
I just got an 07 black not long ago.
If a new 1 comes out an i froth for it.
Im going to have to kill someone.
im waiting for the 2026 model then. anyone seen pics ?