Busa Blues ( a rock and a hard place)
[/font]Hi all. It's been a while since i've been on the forum, but have come back, on a quest to regain my insanity. Long story short, I had in my stable, ( until Feburary, this year) 2 of the most awsome toys, a man could want. An 89, twin turbo, Nissan 300zx, and my absolute pride and joy, a 2000 model, black and silver busa. I had made a vow, that I was taking the bus with me when I died, and I was to be be strapped on it, and it was going in the hole with me, lol. The sad part of this story is, I woke up one morning in January, angry at the world, and decided to quit my well paying job, sell my house, and I moved to Cairns. The problems then mounted, ( financially, of course) and I was soon faced with having to make the decision to sell one of my toys. Now, because it doesn't seem to stop raining in Cairns, and taking into account the amount of inconsiderate, and brain dead motorists up here, the most obvious, and safest choice was to sell my baby, ( still kicking myself, and slapping self around the head). My quest now, is to right a wrong, and find another busa, identical to the one I had. This is a problem in itself, as the 2000 blk/silver model seems to be as rare as hens teeth, but it is also the price that ppl have on their bikes. I had believed my bike was worth at least $ 13000.00, being an unrestricted model, and still in showroom condition, and still with the original chain and sprocket. Unfortunately, I had to sell it fast, on consignment, and could not get more than the top dollar, that was listed in THE RED BOOK. My dilemma now is, I don't want to insult any other busa owner, or short change him, but I can't see myself paying any more, than what I had to sell mine for, and there is no way I would ever pay a dealer, top dollar for one either. They like to quote the red book price, so I would stick it back in their faces. I would like now to get some feedback from you guys, on this matter, as I'm sure we all face this problem at some time. The thing that pisses me off the most is, I didn't even get the chance to take it on the Port Douglas run, or even up the Kuranda Range. Now that really SUX.

cheers, Andrew.
I dont know what you sold yours for but I know if you wanna go around the 20k mark there is one up your way somewhere a black and grey 00 model with a turbo bolted to it

For sale, Turbo Hayabusa 300+rwhp. I have just put in forged pistons, Eboost 2, msd water inj full computer control, Mallory fuel pressure reg, clutch, sprockets & chain,tyres, S2000 injectors also has carbon under tail,adjustable cam gears, billet top clamp and sprocket cover, power commander, clear front indicators and mini rears. 2000 model, 21000km black/silver, Ghetto turbo kit and a T3 Garret also come's with short dump pipe, 10psi waste gate spring, you dont need it with the Eboost.Has been dyno tuned so everything is 100% All new part's have done less than 500km . $21000 will trade for a Hayabusa + cash . Thanks Andrew
could go for a brand new 07 say black off the showroom floor for $15.990 +or.

ps. I had my dream car in '87/88 ZX turbo (white) with star wars dash. still look out for one but hard to find in good condition.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Any wonder your pissed off Andrew, they're great roads that you're talking about. Talk it up and keep your eyes open, then what you're after will come to you. Either that or make the compromise on something else of great value. Blue/ Silvers work good for me! Isn't that right Bill?

Greg
Rocket Jockey Wrote:.. My dilemma now is, I don't want to insult any other busa owner, or short change him, but I can't see myself paying any more, than what I had to sell mine for, and there is no way I would ever pay a dealer, top dollar for one either...

What you 'want' and what market forces will dictate will most likely, regrettably, be different. Thats adultland for you.

I've got a 2k black/silver busa (if by silver you mean the gunmetal dark silver version), but its not due for sale for a few months, its at the other end of the country and its old and worn..

paulh
mate check the for sale thread. Achilles is selling  nice copper/silver for about the 11k mark i think not sure. he is in cairns by the way
Regards

Dan