Shannons piking-out on insurance claim
Monyx Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:In the hard copy docs I received it clearly says "any disputes arising from this policy will be dealt with under Australian law"

They are governed by the Australian Securities commission as are all insurance companies.
Approx July 08 a new law in AU will require all insurance companies to have an underwriter in Australia, & so egroup will be doing this.

Any problems with claims can be dealt with by the Ombudsman just like any other insurance company.

The Insurance Ombudsman is a service is only for participating companies of which neither E-bike nor Southern Rock insurance is listed AFAIK.

Further, not good feedback about their car insurance (regardless of whether from OS, the same insurer operates in Oz, UK & NZ):

Review centre

Is there a record of anyone in Australia having made successful claim with this mob?

True, but the Ombudsman is purely a mediation service.
If there is an issue you can always take it to Consumer Affairs or the Small Claims Court or the ASC. All of which have durisdiction over Ebike.
And as of July this year the underwriter will have to be an Australian company by law.

I agree the majority of the reviews are not good. But they are all from customers in the UK & are about cars, not bikes.
Add to that, most people make a big noise about when they have been wronged, but few make it known when they have received good service. There are only 8 reviews & 2 of them are positive.

For a saving of over $400 against my last policy, I'm willing to take the chance.Very Happy I don't intend using it anyway.......
"That mob" again............. years ago I had a nice sports car insured with them.

Come 1st renewal they sent me a little note at very short notice demanding that I fit a satellite tracking system to the car or they would not renew. So I had seven days to pull 3.5 grand out of my arse or else. Told them to shove it & went elsewhere for a lower premium & no tracker with a very respectable company. (Porsche Insurance) Clap
Never ride the A model of anything.
Yeah the diff for me between E-bike and QBE is $150, not worth the unknown and that $150 is nothing compared to legal costs if you're not happy with an outcome from Southern Rock - you'd have to take insurer to court at your expense. E-bike are just an agent and claims processor, they're all kosher under Oz laws...but the beef would be with the underwriter wouldn't it? Southern Rock...over in Gibraltar!

Read APRA's view, old but relevant:

http://www.apra.gov.au/media-releases/03_44.cfm
Louwai Wrote:For a saving of over $400 against my last policy, I'm willing to take the chance.Very Happy I don't intend using it anyway.......

so ummm, why are you giving them your money?
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
I tried to get insurance with shannon's but got knocked back because i wasn't a current rider - had a lay-off due to illness - the guy recommended (as he would) insuremyride and the service was excellent and the cost was around $650 for a new K8 plus $2500 for new bike gear. I also had quote through my car/house/contents...
insurer nrma $1700 for the k8! I'll stick with insuremyride for the moment as I'm allowed up two two days a week to go to work on the bike. I reckon you would be envious of my ride to and from work : Tathra over Myrtle Mountain to Wyndham and return - guess there's some pleasure in going to work!