1/5 turn throttle adaptor
just want to say that I fitted a 1/5 turn throttle adaptor last week ( quicker action than standard throttle ) works a treat, that along with the extra 2 teeth on the rear sprocket have made the barge very entertaining, a few guys in the USA site said it wasnt a good idea what would they know
Anybodys guess!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
tasbusa Wrote:just want to say that I fitted a 1/5 turn throttle adaptor last week ( quicker action than standard throttle ) works a treat, that along with the extra 2 teeth on the rear sprocket have made the barge very entertaining, a few guys in the USA site said it wasnt a good idea what would they know

OK you got me interested........Where from and how muchCoolsmiley
Post up some details TAS would love to see it and maybe do mine.
Gday its a plastic fitting that clips onto the throttle tube which changes the pull ratio ( for any who are confused ), look up brgracing.com they are in america the fitting instructions are on there site cost me $55 AUS delivered at the time and about 1/2 hour to fit , no probs with delivery KC was good to deal with hope this helps
I found a piece of 40mm electrical conduit (5mm) with a bit of trimming here and there does the trick !

Leonard.
04 r6 throttle tube 23bucks complete with grip.
Now if u want some quality product,
http://www.acv.co.jp/01_product/hi_thro_en.html
Got mine from Glen at Thunder Composites
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

Legend Wrote:I found a piece of 40mm electrical conduit (5mm) with a bit of trimming here and there does the trick !

Leonard.

Good one Leonard, I had a crack at it today with the conduit and it works a treat and doesnt take long to fit!
For those who are interested here are some pics.
cut a piece of 40mm conduit approx 8mm wide. Make a mark on the side and measure 90mm around the outside circumference and make another mark.

Cut at marks and ramp up ends with a file or sandpaper.

For fitting you need to shorten the outer cable sheaths with a plumbing tube cutter to allow for the increased throttle tube diameter.

DONT CUT OR NICK THE CABLE INNER!
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Hey just wondering what its like on your average ride up the road now? Is it hard to keep on the 100kph?
nato674 Wrote:Hey just wondering what its like on your average ride up the road now? Is it hard to keep on the 100kph?

Havent actually used mine yet and dont plan on doing 100kph
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Also a 04 R6 throttle tube 20 odd $$$$$
SO IS SIMMO AND SPAMAN USING THE 1/5 THROTTLE? I KNOW ON STOCK ITS A LONG WAY TO TWIST TO FULL ON.
REVIT13 Wrote:SO IS SIMMO AND SPAMAN USING THE 1/5 THROTTLE? I KNOW ON STOCK ITS A LONG WAY TO TWIST TO FULL ON.

I don't know if ours is a 1/5 but its a bit shorter twist than the stock ones, the gen 1 are very snappy with this set up becarefull on the road, the gen 2 is much smoother due to the twin injector set up..