Mate down
Got a call from him today and he's got his head around the inuries and he's quite optimistic about recovery. Good sign and a bit of cheek thrown in too. I might suggest he asks for the groin therapy!
I'll suggestb he asks for that! He rang today and he's in great spirits. Wants to check out in a couple of days!!!
Not good to hear bout the accident Bear but great to hear he's on the road to recovery.

Dave.
duc13 Wrote:Not good to hear bout the accident Bear but great to hear he's on the road to recovery.

Dave.

Just a quick update. Talk about the power of mind over matter! What's the other expression? Something like "body, heal thyself!".
The 6 weeks before he should put weight on his legs is out the window. Got into a wheelchair at Shenton rehab hospital last week. Got sent home on day release Satuday and he went home full time in his chair yesterday! Apart from raising his dining table and re-arranging his house a bit to cater for the wheelchair, he's fine. Walking in a frame during outpatient visits now. He appreciated all the concerns and well wishes as well, so thanks. Hope to post next when he's ready to throw a leg over (the bike that is!).
bear Wrote:
duc13 Wrote:Not good to hear bout the accident Bear but great to hear he's on the road to recovery.

Dave.

Just a quick update. Talk about the power of mind over matter! What's the other expression? Something like "body, heal thyself!".
The 6 weeks before he should put weight on his legs is out the window. Got into a wheelchair at Shenton rehab hospital last week. Got sent home on day release Satuday and he went home full time in his chair yesterday! Apart from raising his dining table and re-arranging his house a bit to cater for the wheelchair, he's fine. Walking in a frame during outpatient visits now. He appreciated all the concerns and well wishes as well, so thanks. Hope to post next when he's ready to throw a leg over (the bike that is!).

Great to hear Bear
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

BEAR,
Great to hear your mate is on the improve, but hope his desire to get mobile again doesn't interfere with nature taking its course.
Hope he makes a complete recovery.
Now, to change the subject,can you give any report as to the status of Brian or Oz 1 as he was called. He was a very learned member in the early days and gave me a lot of advice.
Give him my regards if you can.
Pi_thumbsup