to revalve or not to revalve?
BLACKZOOK Wrote:1.5kg on the front will be WAY too hard mate. Do a search over on .org, there are a heap of big guys there with turbo's and most if not all swear by the 1.1kg springs. 1.2kg will be hard even with your fat arse on her.Pi_tongue

As I said mine is hard with 1.2kg and that is with turbo and twin fans fitted up front.

just had a talk with him. he said there are limited options unfortunately as far as spring weights go over 1kg.

but i think you may be right. 1.5 could be a bit heavy after reading a bit on it. we are going to see if we can get anything in between but if not come back to the 1.2
I had my forks done buy mpe ,i also fitted a WP rear shock, what a huge difference it made .
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
mechanx Wrote:I had my forks done buy mpe ,i also fitted a WP rear shock, what a huge difference it made .

yeah. wp are having a special on their rear shocks at the moment but it was still alot more than just getting the stocko reworked.

decided to just get the stocko done... i hear the wp is a good unit.
I,d have to say thats a mistake.Aftermarket rear shocks are heaps better than revalved stockers.Been down that road before.On trackdays it made 3 seconds a lap difference in grip,control and confidence.On the road that means the tyre stays on the road more and skips over bumps alot less.
spamanglenn Wrote:I,d have to say thats a mistake.Aftermarket rear shocks are heaps better than revalved stockers.Been down that road before.On trackdays it made 3 seconds a lap difference in grip,control and confidence.On the road that means the tyre stays on the road more and skips over bumps alot less.

ohh well. my wallet is not an endless pit.another 1000 bucks for the rear, hell, why not just spend another few k and replace the whole fronts with ohlins.. i had to draw a line somewhere.

the wp is better im sure, what i did was not a mistake though, it was the option within my means.
I should be able to give feedback on that ohlins front end comment in the next month or so.If you ever get the chance to sample the best,you,ll save and spend your money once.Any of the upgrades make it much nicer to ride though,it just have you acheived what you,d hoped for,if so,great.Its a bit of a poison though.Once you have ridden on full aftermarket suspension every future bike has to receive the same treatment or you aren,t satisfied.Pi_freak
I agree glen .I had my rear shock revalved as well ,about a6weeks ago ,didn't think it really made a difference.So i bought a WP rear shock ,huge difference .
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
Tag 13 Wrote:
RaZz0R Wrote:may I ask - why are you doing it>?

i am 125kgs in boxer shorts, needless to say i dont ride much in my boxers so ad a set of leathers, helmet, riding gloves and boots, then a turbo...

i would be around double the weight that suspension is designed for...

ah - I am about 100 ~ 105... add leather probly going to 125 easy enough.

so by the sounds of it something worth doing then yes?
The front is soft std but the rear is about right for 80-90kg