Fork slector shafts billet or standard ?
Started putting my box back together and found another problem.
Faaaarken hell.

The selector shaft the holdes the 2 selectors is slightly bent.

Is it worth going for billet shafts or are the standard shafts o.k. ?

Bike gets used for drag racing and if I ever get it back together hopefully some time this year boost will be getting added.
AntsBuza Wrote:Is it worth going for billet shafts or are the standard shafts o.k. ?

If its bent once you may as well replace with better, shouldn't have as much load with the undercut, but it would be painfull to repeat the experiance if the std were not good enough.
Cheers M8

Think i'll give wolf racing a call on moday see if they have any.

Unless there's a sponsor on here that sells them.
My opinion is to stick with the standard

Working on the principle that steel has some flex in it, whereas alloy doesn't. When the steel might bend under heavy loads or hard usage, the alloy might snap completely resulting in greater damage to the gear box.
Pink Angel Wrote:My opinion is to stick with the standard

Working on the principle that steel has some flex in it, whereas alloy doesn't. When the steel might bend under heavy loads or hard usage, the alloy might snap completely resulting in greater damage to the gear box.

They are made out of tool steel, but I agree with you Pink Angel, I have stock ones in Quicksilver.

Antz, If you rebuilt your gearbox because it was jumping gears etc, then you'd expect to find bent shafts, damaged dogs etc. The shift shafts don't bend under "Normal" conditions.

Leonard.Biker
It sounds as if you are smacking it through the gears a little too hard. Scary Coolsmiley Do you have an airshifter??? Very Happy
Air shifter yep
Too hard no such thing is there.