Technical problem MSVCR.dll
Hi techno wizards. I have a technical problem that I can't beat. We have a 4 way laned system at home. And ADSL. We love playing Call of Duty, none of us can get anywhere near my little guy, Alexander. murderous young thing! Anyway, we got a message advising of a name fault, comes from downloading, Alexander downloads maps from other users, when this happens we have to dismount the game completely by using the original disk. just removing it from the control pannel doesn't do the job. I inserted the disk and got the following error message "Executable 'D:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe had the following unrecoverable error: Can't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\Progra~1\common~1\micros~1Office12\MSOXMLMF.DLL)
Please ensure it is installed"

Can anyone assist please?

Max:aussieHayabusa:aussie
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
mmm.....Does this error come up as soon as you put the disk in, or when you try to uninstall it. If it comes up when you try to uninstall it, try just doing an install first. This may not fix your original problem, but it might reinstall the dll file that is missing so you can then try the uninstall again.

If this works, it may be a common file was deleted when another program was deleted.

If the above doesn't work...bash him very hard. Let him know the error he made, is unrecoverable (from his bashing).

If still no joy Max, or some techno-geek can't help, I'll be back from Melbourne Wednesday evening.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Simplest fix is to download the .dll file straight off the web & drop it back in the .dll folder in windows or even easier would be to chuck it straight in the folder from where is says it is missing. That should fix it, if not give me a yell and i'll pop round sometime.

http://www.dlldll.com/
or

http://www.dll-files.com/
Tell ya what young Josh - you do the dll thing for me and I'll buy you a brew. You do great work on my puter, I am a bit ham fisted and fuckerise it up. Your assist would be appreciated. Name a time and day and I'll be here! Alexander wants a piece of you playing a lan game too.

Hey Busdriver, it's not the disk mate, it's the system. Igoogled it and seems that COD2 has this as a common problem. You put the disk in, and the error message comes up, can't get passed it!

Cheers

max...saturday....tell me what times your free and i'll pop around...if i don't i'll just sit on my ass and sleep all day anyway :-)
A file with a .DLL extension in the name is a Dynamic Link Library.
This type of file is used to store local data that directs the programs that refer to it as to where to find their source code.

In other words it is a library of memory addresses. A dll file can be common, or the same, to a particular program or computer but is more often unique to a situation.
A dll file copied from one computer to another, may or may not work, depending on the situation.
In fact it may cause major disruption to other programs that rely on it for their source code.

Max, in your situation, if this file is not in use by any other programs on your computer, a copy from an outside source may resolve the fault but be aware that a DYNAMIC file modifies to suit its local application.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:A file with a .DLL extension in the name is a Dynamic Link Library.
This type of file is used to store local data that directs the programs that refer to it as to where to find their source code.

In other words it is a library of memory addresses. A dll file can be common, or the same, to a particular program or computer but is more often unique to a situation.
A dll file copied from one computer to another, may or may not work, depending on the situation.
In fact it may cause major disruption to other programs that rely on it for their source code.

Max, in your situation, if this file is not in use by any other programs on your computer, a copy from an outside source may resolve the fault but be aware that a DYNAMIC file modifies to suit its local application.

Thanks Busgo, I have absolutely no bloody idea of what you just said, but it sounds very techo.

Josh - I'm shooting Saturday morning mate, want to come over after lunch, do the computer thing and maybe play a little? 1.30ish??

Thanks for the assist man.

hey max, yer see you around 1:30, just give me a yell on the mobile if anything changes or what not.

catcha

Madmax Wrote:
BUSGO Wrote:A file with a .DLL extension in the name is a Dynamic Link Library.

Thanks Busgo, I have absolutely no bloody idea of what you just said, but it sounds very techo.

Josh - I'm shooting Saturday morning mate, want to come over after lunch, do the computer thing and maybe play a little? 1.30ish??

Thanks for the assist man.

Hey Josh,
got called into work mate, sorry, called your mobile, left a message.
Any chance of a Sunday fix? Busdriver coming over for a ride arvish.

Cheers bloke.