Tallangatta
Fantastic Roads only a few hours from Melbourne,
near Albury Wodonga.
Good excuse for a cheap weekend away.

Tallangatta Motor Inn.

Turn up on a Hayabusa, mention this site and it's half price for a room during June/July/December/January.

I'll even shout you a beer and talk bike shit.

www.tallangattamotorinn.com.au

cheers,
WARD

North East Victoria is a truly beautiful place, gorgeous long valleys with green rolling hills, , large lakes, the Murray River, and surrounded by the Victorian Alps including the highest mountains in Victoria, Combine this with a small population, and fantastic roads, it makes for sensational motorcycling, whatever youâ€re into. Situated just a few hours north of Melbourne, it makes the perfect two wheels weekend getaway.

If youâ€re in a hurry to get here, leaving after work on a Friday night for example, the quickest way is to follow the Hume Freeway North to Albury Wodonga, turn east and then itâ€s just 35 kilometres along the Murray Valley Highway.

Another option, leave on Saturday morning and make a day of it, and this is my favourite way, is to leave Melbourne via Lilydale on the Maroondah Highway, through Healesville, up and over the Black spur to Alexandra, to Mansfield, Tolmie, Whitfield, Chestnut and on to Myrtleford for lunch. You are now less than an hour from Tallangatta. From here follow the Wodonga signs to Mudgegonga, 4 kilometres on turn right onto Tunnel Gap road which brings you out at the base of the Dederang Gap on the Kiewa Valley highway. Turn left and follow this to Kergunyah. Turn right here and follow to the end(2km), turn left and follow to the end(5km).
A quick left then right will have you following the signs to Tallangatta on the Murray Valley highway. From here itâ€s 13 kilometres to Tallangatta and the Tallangatta Motor Inn.

The other way is to Follow the Princess Highway up to Bairnsdale, turn left onto the Omeo Highway. Turn left at Omeo (do not attempt the Omeo highway to Mitta on a road bike) and go over Mt Hotham to Harrietville and onto Myrtleford. This is a magnificent ride over the mountains, but the road is closed to bikes from June thru to September, and conditions can change quickly, so choose your time to do this carefully and check conditions, it is not fun riding unprepared on snow and ice.

During December and January is the best time to explore this area by bike, with the Tallangatta Motor Inn offering very good deals to individuals or groups who wish to see what our area has to offer. The owner is an avid biker and has explored his ‘backyard†extensively. Falls creek, Dartmouth, Corryong, Mt Buffalo and all the back roads with little or no traffic are all great rides in the area.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I think that would be a great venue for a Sydney/ACT/ Victorians run, we could use that as a base and then run around the Snowys.
Heidi1 Wrote:I think that would be a great venue for a Sydney/ACT/ Victorians run, we could use that as a base and then run around the Snowys.

I've offered many times Heidi, every time a ride venue comes up.
Only trouble is we're flat out for all but those 4 months.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Should we be doing the next Jindy run down there in December 2007 then perhaps?

Max:aussieHayabusa:aussie
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Thanks Ward sorry its taken me so long to thank you for your hospitality very nice establishment thanks for looking after me and the guys see you down at tartha

wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
We're coming Wardy Be there monday after Tathra. 7 of us .[img]http://[/img]

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(07-08-2007, 11:12am)Ward P Wrote: Fantastic Roads only a few hours from Melbourne,
near Albury Wodonga.
Good excuse for a cheap weekend away.

Tallangatta Motor Inn.

Turn up on a Hayabusa, mention this site and it's half price for a room during June/July/December/January.

I'll even shout you a beer and talk bike shit.

www.tallangattamotorinn.com.au

cheers,
WARD

North East Victoria is a truly beautiful place, gorgeous long valleys with green rolling hills, , large lakes, the Murray River, and surrounded by the Victorian Alps including the highest mountains in Victoria, Combine this with a small population, and fantastic roads, it makes for sensational motorcycling, whatever youâ€re into. Situated just a few hours north of Melbourne, it makes the perfect two wheels weekend getaway.

If youâ€re in a hurry to get here, leaving after work on a Friday night for example, the quickest way is to follow the Hume Freeway North to Albury Wodonga, turn east and then itâ€s just 35 kilometres along the Murray Valley Highway.

Another option, leave on Saturday morning and make a day of it, and this is my favourite way, is to leave Melbourne via Lilydale on the Maroondah Highway, through Healesville, up and over the Black spur to Alexandra, to Mansfield, Tolmie, Whitfield, Chestnut and on to Myrtleford for lunch. You are now less than an hour from Tallangatta. From here follow the Wodonga signs to Mudgegonga, 4 kilometres on turn right onto Tunnel Gap road which brings you out at the base of the Dederang Gap on the Kiewa Valley highway. Turn left and follow this to Kergunyah. Turn right here and follow to the end(2km), turn left and follow to the end(5km).
A quick left then right will have you following the signs to Tallangatta on the Murray Valley highway. From here itâ€s 13 kilometres to Tallangatta and the Tallangatta Motor Inn.

The other way is to Follow the Princess Highway up to Bairnsdale, turn left onto the Omeo Highway. Turn left at Omeo (do not attempt the Omeo highway to Mitta on a road bike) and go over Mt Hotham to Harrietville and onto Myrtleford. This is a magnificent ride over the mountains, but the road is closed to bikes from June thru to September, and conditions can change quickly, so choose your time to do this carefully and check conditions, it is not fun riding unprepared on snow and ice.

During December and January is the best time to explore this area by bike, with the Tallangatta Motor Inn offering very good deals to individuals or groups who wish to see what our area has to offer. The owner is an avid biker and has explored his ‘backyard†extensively. Falls creek, Dartmouth, Corryong, Mt Buffalo and all the back roads with little or no traffic are all great rides in the area.

Ward, Thanks for having me and the "BOYS" on the way to Phillip Island GP, we had a blast and even though it rained a little.
Its

a great spot you have there,
Regards Donovan.