Trackbike Aprilia RS250
Recently I got an Aprilia RS250 to use as a trackbike (my first), was a $2,500.00 ebay buy from Adelaide so when she arrived all was stripped and checked. Apart from some missing fairing brackets, leaking oil tank and non existant brake pads all was good the motor had just been rebuilt and runs sweet as really sweet thing.

Well yesterday was my first ride and once levered into position we were off to our private racetrack obviously under controlled conditions. f*** this thing is fun Scary she hammers from 9k to 12k - hits the limiter at 200kph - turns on just a touch of the bars and almost threw me over the front the first time I hit the brakes. This thing is the most fun I've had on a bike for years had a smile that lasted for hours. The noise the smell were all fantastic, even the hour on the floor to snap my back into position and sore knees were all worth it!! First track day here is the 26th and I cant bloody wait!!!

I thought to call her Heidi -shes red - shes noisy - shes a shit load of fun any objections???

[Image: c476_3.jpg]

[Image: c4d0_3.jpg]

[Image: c565_3.jpg]

[Image: c51b_3.jpg]

f*** I hope it dont rain on the 26th - please god no rainBiker
nice track bike mate... 2500 seems like a bargin price...
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
She'a jap import so no rego and had more hits than Elvis so wont be too worried bout scuffing the paint on the track. You never know I might even learn how to go round corners propper like.Read
Got a mate here with a 2006 RS125. From 6 grand it gives a kick in the pants, but draws out above 10. There's something very different about two strokes. They are unreal fun, especially if you get a few of them together. The small weight of the bike also helps with knowing what you should be capable of in fast counter steering. Heavy bikes are hard if not impossible to learn on. Having a light bike keeps good habits, and your riding on the bigger bikes improves very markedly.Clap
Exactly right xocet, after 25 years on big heavy bikes I'd forgotten how good the littluns can be especially the strokers.

Busa's are fat tubs of shitCoolsmiley
Nice one bruce.I,ve hopefully fixed my little r6 too.I need a dose of corner speed for a change.Hope you found a good chiro.Very Happy
I think Heidi is a wonderful name for the bike Pi_thumbsup

Remember, you said I could have a ride of her too Very Happy
Good stuffPi_thumbsup

Im thinking bout getting a thrashbike like that...
To learn how to corner properly etc.
Wicked! Looks the part too, red and fast looking while stationary!
Hi Bruce,

Wanted a change from the Turbo Busa did you???? I guess another addiction is coming your way, track days and drag racing. It's the best way to go to track days, watching your road bike sliding away from you really breaks the heart.

Just watch that "Heidi" does not seize at 200km/hr. Two strokes are prone to that esp when people keen for more power start leaning off the oil.

There is a whole performance path with 2 strokes too, ie aftermarket pipes, porting, etc. Have fun!!!
Can't call it "Heidi" mate - it's got no headlights Ghastly Pi_tongue

Ruffy