Off-Duty coppers
I saw yesterday on one of the threads where one of the guys said they were doing 140 or so past a copper in his private car. (can't find the thread)

Be really careful doing that.

When I lived in Brissy my neighbour was a copper. He was a great guy & a good friend, BUT, whenever we were out in the car on the weeked & he saw a vehicle doing what they shouldn't, he would pull out his note book & right down the rego, & then pay them a visit during work hrs.
""he would pull out his note book & right down the rego, & then pay them a visit during work hrs.""

Maybe we should do the same. Wm
Happened to a rellie of mine in WA when running late to drop off kid to school, there is either some sort of overtime scam going on or some of those "employees" seem to have major personal issues.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:Happened to a rellie of mine in WA when running late to drop off kid to school, there is either some sort of overtime scam going on or some of those "employees" seem to have major personal issues.

I hear what you're saying, but my neighbour in Brissy was a guy who genuinly believed in the law. He was just an average guy who happened to be a copper & who happened to believe that what he did was making a difference.
Some of the stories he told me were quite amazing.
One day, while working, he pulled over a speeding car. Was 2 young guys in it. Nothing to cause him to suspect anything, no drugs search, just general speeding issue. While he was standing at the drivers window writing the ticket the passenger pulled out a sawn off 22 & shot him.
The mentality of some wankers is amazing. This idiot could have copped a speeding fine & still been free on the street, but instead he's now doing time for attempted murder.
There are plenty out there who would applaud this kid's actions too.

And the coppers get crap money. Stuffed if I would put up with being shot at for the money they get.
He must love his job, Police

Want to be a cop ? Confused

No thanks Pi_freak
never fly higher than your angel.
Louwai Wrote:There are plenty out there who would applaud this kid's actions too.

I would never.. what a pathetic lowlife... bring back the death penalty for idiots like that.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Man im working on becoming a police officer..
Beleive that shit lol.

Hmm,some say i wont be one for long due to taking things
personally haha,wel soon find out.
No way louwai, *that rhymed* :P
What an idiot that c*** was...
Youd think hed try to keep it lowkey...
Dumb bastards.
Haven't had good experience with coppers. Neither the brightest nor most intuitive lot. Certainly don't do a lot to understand or look after cyclists. But I hate these arseholes that perpetrate violent acts on people as an answer to all their own problems and shortcomings.Pi_thumbsdown
It's a week by week charade.
He he he, scoff, it was probably me that passed the off duty plod Icon_rolleyes Was glad to find out later that it was his missus driving thier car.

So to all those that read this and understand the seriousness of the situation, I offer forth my humble appologies for committing such a disreputable act. (where's the smilly with the fingers crossed behind his back???) Yeah! (Hmmm, really gotta stop thinking out loud)

On a more serious note. (Yes, i'm capable of that!) There is no way in heaven, or the other place, that i would ever want to be a cop. It's not about the pay, i mean, i know a few and there are lurks to the job that make it a bit more worthwhile. Besides that get more than i do. Either way, there are just some aspects of their job that i, personally, couldn't do.

As much as i c__p on about ignorance to the law, I have a lot of respect for the boys, and girls, in blue. (I think the government and speed cameras are just a money grubbin bull sh!t idea that isn't worth pissin on. But there's a whole nother thread in that one) Cops have a sh!t job to do and 90% of em do it well.

To all the members of the force that read this, cheers to you Beer (and no i don't have a speeding ticket i need fixed, i'm being serious for a change) Keep up the good work and ignore the silver and blue busa flying at low altitude.

Geoff

Wow, another long post that says almost nothing.
CapeBusa Wrote:Keep up the good work and ignore the silver and blue busa flying at low altitude.

Geoff, Can you somehow make that comment well known to all the coppers. Then they'll ignor me thinking I'm you.... (same colours)