Message from a hard working Aussie
Dan,
ADF has some pretty strict policies, esp with regard to ADFA recruitment, (after all the precious little darlings get to spend 4 years being told how special they are) and just because they knock people back doesn't mean those same people can;t get into the same degree course as a civillian in their local uni.
I'm in the process of re-enlisting (choco this time around), and can attest to being farked around by the system too.

You need to be sure of the specific reasons behind the knockback, and then explore your avenues for redress........
didnt apply to adfa. i applied general entry had no wish to be an officer. the specific issue was my educational record was not upto ADF standards. i went back and appealed it offering to redo my year 12 in a 6 month sandwich course and was told this eactly "give up mate you may aswell go be a plumber or carpenter your just not a thinker"
Regards

Dan
Misdeamour or felony Rod? lol. As long as you aren't Ivan Milat. The Army sadi you weren't smart enough Dan? The Army? My Army? lol. There is a number of tricks in this old dogs bag. If you got both eyes, arms, legs and a 'f*** you' attitude, you'll be fine. You gotta suck it in now and then but what job doesn't have that? I tell you Cam. I can't do it. One of those kids you described shows me a 'time out' card, the only red thing he will see is the blood coming out of his ears. I'm not the guy for the particular job.
just as a side note i have nothing against plumbers or carpenters both respectable trades thats just what i was toldby my recruitment officer
Regards

Dan
Like most companies, once you get your foot in the door you are set. Keep asking and you'll get your shot. You might have to do a walkie around Baghdad or Assganistan but patience and pressure will see it done. who knows, you might just like that better.
Plumbers are just electricians with there heads kicked in! lol.
Dan I feel for you mate. Rest assured there not that fussy these days.

I'm with you Glen. Old school dinosaurs like you (and me) just aren't right for training todays softcocks.

I got warned by my recruiter that midnight visits with a bar of soap in a sock no longer counts as an "in-house" training tool. WTF?[/size]
You gotta think big Cam. Helmet in a pillow case. economy of effort. You got to swing that sock to many times. My solution will fix it with just a glancing blow.
Just remember , deployment guarantees promotionPi_thumbsup
Also got told to expect the "pops" and "grandad" tags as well........

yeah RAInf all the way...
BTW. They aren't all soft cocks. Far from it. The system is aimed at the SCs for sure. The real deal types hold these less attractive types up the whole way and they just get tired of it.
oh well im over it now. only wayim going for a trip to iraq or afghanistan is as a contractor doing what i do nowbut without having to leave the compound for 8k a week tax free
Regards

Dan
Glen. work with me here. I'm trying make myself feel tougher than I am, that way i'll come to believe that I can actually keep up with all those 17 year olds on the BFA and the assault course.lol
You might want too get in before the other softies get into office. I dread that day. Here is something I always thought was BS. PTSS. I have a few mates going through that here and there. I know these guys aren't the bullshitting types. Individuals handle things very differently as it turns out. I knew they weren't having a great time but I didn't think it was doing them perm damage. I was wrong about that in a big way. I never really considered it was hurting the other sides players. They could burn in hell for all I cared. Still can.

Any thoughts or experience with this issue? I imagine lots of 5-0s and Ambos get this. I can understand that. You can associate with your own countrymen's pain and trauma because their lives are not significantly different to your own. Like a car wreck. A bad one could do some real damage to the rescue guys. particularly if the occupants aren't quite dead yet.

Sorry for the ramble. Thinking out loud. well, typing out loud.
slowandsteady Wrote:Glen. work with me here. I'm trying make myself feel tougher than I am, that way i'll come to believe that I can actually keep up with all those 17 year olds on the BFA and the assault course.lol

You can. Its technique not strength. (plus when no-ones looking you push them off or shake the rope)

You know me. I'm a midget and I'm not even smart. I work with what I have. You got to fight every now and then but you can't lose them all. farq that gorilla, never know, you might get him in one shot. (probably not though and its gonna hurt, roll with it).
some people have a capacity to disassociate better than others. I think there's people that are affected by what they see or are a part of and try to brush it off. It's gonna come back around eventually.
tough to see mates doing it hard.
Especially if you walked the same yards and it didn't do the same to you