What would you offer?
I'm looking for a cheaper bike in between getting another busa or a zx-14. Found a 1998 VTR1000 firestorm with staintunes, 50,000k, in black for 7000.

Its out of rego though.

What would you guys offer the bloke.

http://allclassifieds.com.au/c/ac?a=vm&i=1940787367

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???
copperjosh Wrote:I'm looking for a cheaper bike in between getting another busa or a zx-14. Found a 1998 VTR1000 firestorm with staintunes, 50,000k, in black for 7000.

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???

I'd think even 6k was good for this with that many k's. You can get Ãm brand new from a dealer for 12k on the road.
It's a week by week charade.
Lol, I found his username and a post regarding the sale of his bike on ozfirestorm. Anyway, I found out it actually has like 73,000km on it rather than the 50,00km he quoted to me on the phone. So obviously he has wound the odometer back. Saw something on their about replacing the instrument cluster so it sounds like he's wound it back.

What would you guys offer to him with 73,000km on the clock. In his other posts he seemed like he took good care of it. Just can't stand liars.

I'd say 5000k tops now with 73,000 and no rego.

SUGGESTIONS????

rjw3105 Wrote:
copperjosh Wrote:I'm looking for a cheaper bike in between getting another busa or a zx-14. Found a 1998 VTR1000 firestorm with staintunes, 50,000k, in black for 7000.

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???

I'd think even 6k was good for this with that many k's. You can get Ãm brand new from a dealer for 12k on the road.
I found out it actually has like 73,000km on it rather than the 50,00km he quoted to me on the phone. So obviously he has wound the odometer back... Wtf sounds dodgy look at another bike i would not trust the owner!!! Knuppel2
redbook:

Trade in price guide* $3,900 - $4,700
National average price - private sale* $5,600 - $6,700
Price when new (RRP) $14,100
copperjosh Wrote:Lol, I found his username and a post regarding the sale of his bike on ozfirestorm. Anyway, I found out it actually has like 73,000km on it rather than the 50,00km he quoted to me on the phone. So obviously he has wound the odometer back. Saw something on their about replacing the instrument cluster so it sounds like he's wound it back.

What would you guys offer to him with 73,000km on the clock. In his other posts he seemed like he took good care of it. Just can't stand liars.

I'd say 5000k tops now with 73,000 and no rego.

SUGGESTIONS????

rjw3105 Wrote:

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???

Pi_thumbsdowngo 5 max , they are a smokers bike , best 180 worst 140km from a tank , still looks at the sky when you give them the berries but you just get into the rythm and have to stop and refuel , but D&D carbon pipes makes it sound like a f****n Mack truck , mine was silverPolice
Thanks for the suggestions guys...i'll put the offer to him as seriously as I can. If he says no, I couldn't give a f***, i'm not in a rush & thats all its worth in its current condition.

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???

You got game mentioning thinkin of getting a zx14 hahha
I was there once,an mentioned getting a busa on a zx14 board
an got toasted haha,an then the kwak dealer ended up
being the biggest cocksmoker i ever met so i didnt care even
if it was the better bike,i aint getting one an would rather
spend the money to make my busa THE better bike.
Nothing a hairdryer wont fix sooner or later... Lol3
You know its seriously tempting to get one of those beautiful 07 blue busa models at like 15,000 & slap a big ass turbo on it. Ofcourse it would be excessive but i reckon the thrills in the summertime would be worth it! Very Happy

I will have another busa eventually....i just know it, was the first bike that truly had the full package. I think when the 08 model matures and shit...and they bring out some better colours, i'd get one and pour money into it...hehe

NEMESIS Wrote:

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???

You got game mentioning thinkin of getting a zx14 hahha
I was there once,an mentioned getting a busa on a zx14 board
an got toasted haha,an then the kwak dealer ended up
being the biggest cocksmoker i ever met so i didnt care even
if it was the better bike,i aint getting one an would rather
spend the money to make my busa THE better bike.
Nothing a hairdryer wont fix sooner or later... Lol3
Pi_thumbsup
Beer
Josh...

It all sounds pretty dodgey to me... I'd be inclined to look for another bike.

Good luck
Peter
I offered that guy 5500 bux for the VTR1000 and he replied "no i want more than that"

With 73,000km and no rego you gotta be kidding. & its a 98 model.

I said...then goodluck with the sale...lol
copperjosh Wrote:I offered that guy 5500 bux for the VTR1000 and he replied "no i want more than that"

With 73,000km and no rego you gotta be kidding. & its a 98 model.

I said...then goodluck with the sale...lol

Stick it out bloke, he may call you or he might not, you'll be in front if he accepts, and no great loss if he doesn't.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Mate, I just sold a mint condition black 2003 Firestorm with staintunes, polished rims, bagster tank cover, carbon fibre rear hugger and belly pan with 15,000 on the clock for $8,500 with no rego. I sold it for a realistic price whereas most VTRs on offer are HUGELY overpriced.

What people selling their VTRs don't realise is that dealers are actually selling the bikes for $10,990 brand spankers. The best offer I got from a dealer was $5,000 (coz I was fleecing him on a new busa) and he told me to sell it privately to get more money. Considering the fact that it's the old model (crappy instrument cluster, small fuel tank), this bloke's absoloutely dreaming. BTW, you've gotta watch the cam chains I think it is - when they get a bit of age on them, the rear one can go pop.

Actually come to think of it, I sold my bike to a guy in Canberra...
my vfr800 is for sale for 5500.Its a 2000 mod with rego and approx 50K.Its a good bike ask max.