ALDI magnetic TANKBAG
Volvi Wrote:WARNING: From someone I know:

"You have to watch the tank bags, The last trip to Sydney I used one and no matter how careful you are, grit gets under the magnets and scratches your tank."

Second that no how hard you try to keep crap away from magnets it still gets under them i had one on my 750 years ago was a pain in the butt
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
stick clear vinyl on the tank where the magnets are.

TOO EASY.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"

"You have to watch the tank bags, The last trip to Sydney I used one and no matter how careful you are, grit gets under the magnets and scratches your tank."

I've been running a magnetic bag now for about 5-6 years on 3 different bikes, never had a problem with scratching on any of them. One of them was black as well which shows up the smallest of marks. Maybe the type of material used between the magnets and tank has something to do with this?

Greg
went into the ferntree gully store today and they said they sold out of the bags there last week. did grab a pair of waterproof pants and waterproof boots for $80 and &70 respectivley. they actually seem fairly decent which I was suprised about but time will tell how they hold up.
Picked up a tank bag yesterday, it's a 2 in 1 affair, you get one bag with shoulder strap like a bagster bag, but wait there's more, you also get a backpack! only 50 bucks, bargain.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
just got mine last night too. $50 is a bloody steal for these things!!!
Tried today for the boots but all to big, they do have smaller one but not as good as the blue/black that go for $70
So I found these today and ordered a pair, they look ok
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MENS-VEGA...0153351420
I tried the boots but they felt like barbed wire wrapped around my feet.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:I tried the boots but they felt like barbed wire wrapped around my feet.
Haa that will get you Hopping Pi_tongue

Try putting packing tape under the magnets, then peel off after. any sticky left on tank from tape comes off with eucalyptus oil real easyFatman
Simmo, those boots look the biz! Talk to the seller and see if we get two pair if he will reduce postage?
Heidi1 Wrote:Simmo, those boots look the biz! Talk to the seller and see if we get two pair if he will reduce postage?
Too late got em wearing them, good boots I take a 8 got the size 9 & still a little tight, see how they hold up at coffs weekend