metzeler sportec M3 tyres
spamanglenn Wrote:as they are the heaviest tyre on the market the front is a secret mod for the drags in wheelie prevention.

Doesn't seem to stop mine from comming up....Very Happy
If they are the heaviest tyre on the market, maybe that is why they are the best for the Hayabusa stability that it is renowned for on the sports touring scene.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
every tyre is to everyones tastes.i had pilot powers on the vfr this year(very pointy) with no steering damper and it was noticeably less stable than the busa but not scary yet.A heavier tyre will add stability based on its gyroscopic effect but lose out on fast change of direction,braking and acceleration.Its whatever suits the rider.I found no stability issues with my magnesium wheels or carbon wheels with the busa with the added benefit or greatly reduced effort to ride and change direction effort is incomparable.Whatever inspires confidence with your style riding not being hindered and ideally improved is the right tyre for that person.what amazes me is the huge range in performance and dynamics between each brand.You can understand why loyalties form.Personally i like tyres that don,t slide.Lol3
I agree about sticky being good but controlled slides are GREAT FUN... and M3s are good at it.
Regards BUSGO
g'day , think i should replace the rear now, first pic was taken with 5500kms on tyre, next is 6000kms, last ride today killed it , lots of hi speed, on rough roads, i think there great tyres, 6000kms out of a rear is good in my book, although a lot of the wear occoured on the jindy ride, 2800kms in 4 days, im happy with them
[attachment=1983][attachment=1984]
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
black13 Wrote:g'day , think i should replace the rear now, first pic was taken with 5500kms on tyre, next is 6000kms, last ride today killed it , lots of hi speed, on rough roads, i think there great tyres, 6000kms out of a rear is good in my book, although a lot of the wear occoured on the jindy ride, 2800kms in 4 days, im happy with them

FAAAAARK me only 6k out of a rear???????

I'm coming up on 12k on my current rear & still with plenty to go.
I got 18k out of my last one.
Louwai Wrote:
black13 Wrote:g'day , think i should replace the rear now, first pic was taken with 5500kms on tyre, next is 6000kms, last ride today killed it , lots of hi speed, on rough roads, i think there great tyres, 6000kms out of a rear is good in my book, although a lot of the wear occoured on the jindy ride, 2800kms in 4 days, im happy with them

FAAAAARK me only 6k out of a rear???????

I'm coming up on 12k on my current rear & still with plenty to go.
I got 18k out of my last one.

you using the m3 on the rear?, seems like a lot a mileage on a rear
I have found with the M3s that if you transit over concrete roads they chew the centre line out much faster than bitumen surfaces.

I notice that some riders run their bikes at a higher rev range through the gears and others pop it up to the next gear at a much lower rev speed. Of course all sorts of things affect tyre wear .
The worst I have had out of a rear M3 is 8000 and the best is about 12000.
Regards BUSGO
black13 Wrote:you using the m3 on the rear?, seems like a lot a mileage on a rear

Sorry, misleading comment. No I'm not. I was referring to 'rear' in general.
I have an M3 on the front & am just comming up on 10k. It's still good & I'm guessing another 4 or 5k before it needs changing.

I have a Michy Pilot Power on the rear. Which is where I'm getting the good life. Although I have seen other comments of only 10k to 13k out of one of these on the rear. I think I'll easily get 18k or more out of the current one. I got 18k out of the last one & it was on the bike when I bought it 2nd hand.

My last front was a Michy Pilot Power but it only lasted 6k & I was not riding any different to what I do now, so I tried an M3. The change has been good.
[attachment=2000]

Think I got my money's worth out of this baby Confused

No childish piss easy burnouts either Lol3
Never ride the A model of anything.
Still a bit more left in it Rev Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Rev Wrote:Think I got my money's worth out of this baby Confused

No childish piss easy burnouts either Lol3

Just use some boot polish Rev and u should get another 5000.

Also do U know were u can get those 13000klm rear tyers?
kawasuki Wrote:[quote=Rev]

Just use some boot polish Rev and u should get another 5000.

Also do U know were u can get those 13000klm rear tyers?

my sentiments aswell, the m3 i had lasted 6000ks, if i could get that sort of milege i'de be happy, but its a good tyre , i felt happy with it
Thanks all.... I'll give a set of the M3's a try next... great feedback. Ta
13,000 K tyres Kawa Confused

never heard of one, not unless you stay in first gear for 13,000 K's Confused
Never ride the A model of anything.