Official Hayabusa Riding Gear (US stuff)
Simo Wrote:What you been quoted for insurance Tim? I am guessing its on 08 busa?

On my '99 busa they quoted me $5200 when I was 21. Now that I'm 24 suncorp have quoted me $2000. I'm planning to check QBE and Swann, as I've heard they are cheaper.

In my humble opinion, I think those general prices are reasonable. I know a lot of blokes that exceed their riding limits giving us young riders a bad overall name. And I'm no angel having lost my licence before (not that suncorp asked that question when quoting.)
Licence Back!
I'm guessing many of you have had the problem of being refused service from the US for one reason or another.
Usually because the seller will not ship to AU.

If anyone is interested, I have a solution.

I have an American friend, Scott, who is currently living here in Melb. He's only here until Feb 08 & then heads back to the US.

Scott is willing to purchase any items with his US credit card & have the items sent to his US address, from where the items can be sent "person to person" via registered post or courier (your choice).
So as far as the US retailer knows, they are selling to a US citizen who is using a US credit card & they are sending to a US address.

All costs would be paid up front so that Scott does not incur interest charges on his CC.

You do the "shopping". You give the web address of the item you want & confirm the retail price. Shipping is charged at cost.

There is no scam here. You can meet Scott if you want. He lives at Sandringham. Scott's a good friend of mine & is willing to help out at no additional charge.

Keep the purchase under AU$1000 & you won't cop import duty or GST when it arrives. If your purchase will be over AU$1000, Scott can make several smaller purchases & post each of these seperately so that each package is under AU$1000 & again you won't pay the extra's.

If you have any questions call or PM me. 0409 477 014

Cheers, Bryan
TimF Wrote:On my '99 busa they quoted me $5200 when I was 21. Now that I'm 24 suncorp have quoted me $2000. I'm planning to check QBE and Swann, as I've heard they are cheaper.

Try a crowd called New England Insurance Brokers. They are the best value I found. They are based in Stanthorp.
. .
I'm down to $570 (34yrs, rating 1, clean record) with eBikeinsurance. Western QBE will beat any given quote, so I will chat to them when I get as low as possible.
Sorry about Hijacked
TimF Wrote:On my '99 busa they quoted me $5200 when I was 21. Now that I'm 24 suncorp have quoted me $2000. I'm planning to check QBE and Swann, as I've heard they are cheaper.

damn im 26 and just got quoted $3800 from QBE, let me know how you go with swan but i've had bad experiences with them in the past bastards refused to pay when a car backed into my bike...
maggot Wrote:damn im 36 and just got quoted $3800 from QBE

Crap Scary
You must live in a bad area, or have one hell of an impressive driving record Very Happy
fark just saw i put 36, heheh shoulda been 26 fixed now...

driving record isn't too bad.... really...

$1057 in fines to pay this week..... i love my nitrous sucking mustang.
Louwai Wrote:I have an American friend, Scott, who is currently living here in Melb. He's only here until Feb 08 & then heads back to the US.

Cheers Louwai, it may come down to something like this if I get desperate enough.
Licence Back!
Really frustrating trying to get hold of the suzuki official helmet/jacket.

I've emailed 5 resellers over the last 2 weeks and have still not received a single reply. Don't they want money or something? lol.
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:Really frustrating trying to get hold of the suzuki official helmet/jacket.

I've emailed 5 resellers over the last 2 weeks and have still not received a single reply. Don't they want money or something? lol.

Is that US resellers??? If so, it could be the '.au' on the end of the email address that puts them off.
I used to get that a lot. Now I just get Scott to buy everythig I want & send it to me.
G'day
Couple of points here:
1. Some 5 years ago I bought a Shoei helmet from the states becoz I couldn't get one my size here in the colours I wanted (boof head). Was no problem, just had to pay GST at the Post office when I picked it up. Took 2 weeks about. Cannot recall the retail outlet...in Florida maybe? I decided to take the risk of no AS sticker.
2. I am insured with Shannons (2 bikes, 1 4wd) and experienced prompt service last Feb when I was knocked off my bike (at bloody no more than 20kliks) by a red Mazda-driving woman. Woke up talking to the ambos. Bike repairs? No problem. Clothing? No damage. Replace helmet? No problem. But they did want to negotiate a lower $ amount becoz of the age of the helmet and the fact that it was no longer available in Oz. I suspect the insurance assessor just didn't look for a sticker, and why should he? it's the bike that's the big $ item, and the lack of a sticker cannot contribute to the accident...and of course workers compensation insurance haven't been interested in any of that either...by the way, my helmet did a great job...
So, you pays your money and you takes your choices
Regards
Kevin
I have got my insurance through GIO
because I have home and contents and car etc
I can give you the specific price down to the cent , but theres 7 weeks left on my policy before I renew it and my bill for insursance for the hayabusa is $70
so approx $10 per week X 56 weeks a year = $560 approx

2001 module , value 11,900 agreed .