my brother is buying a zx14 (2008)
The kwaka also comes with free George Foreman grill plates on each side.
Perfect for cooking up some snorkels after a long ride
I test rode the 07 ZX14 and 07 'busa and the decision is pretty easy. The 14s bars were too touring for me and felt like I was sitting on the bike rather than in it. The salesman commented that it's the same with all the current Kwakas - then again, he mostly sells Hondas.
slowandsteady Wrote:Was down at Race Replica getting s new throttle cable set for my wife's ZZR and they offered me a ride of their "demo" 14. Heading down this week.
Apparently it's had the butterfly valve mod and a full single system/PCIII and dyno map done. Should be fun, but can't help thinking that they're possibly "selling" this as what a stock 14 is like.......

Race replica = Wankers.

Il be damned if they ever see my money again.
Poofta red head sales rep.
Usually i dont point out people,especially on the net
but the service there was appauling.
Dont know how they sell as many kawasakis as they
supposedly do.
Not judging Nem.
They just happen to be the closest kawa dealer and were also the cheapest for the cables, so it was a win all round for me.
I know what you mean though. When the MoW started looking at bikes we went in there for her to sit on a few and didn't get approached for the whole 20 mins we were there. That's a sure fire way to win customers...and sales
slowandsteady Wrote:Perfect for cooking up some snorkels after a long ride

Pardon my ignorance but what are snorkels and what do you eat them with. Pi_freak
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
slowandsteady Wrote:Not judging Nem.
They just happen to be the closest kawa dealer and were also the cheapest for the cables, so it was a win all round for me.
I know what you mean though. When the MoW started looking at bikes we went in there for her to sit on a few and didn't get approached for the whole 20 mins we were there. That's a sure fire way to win customers...and sales

If your brother needs a top exhaust system i have them in stock for the zx14 .TiForce of course.
Sorry Taub.

snarkels....snags......bangers......sausages.
Cheaper than a fat flat rear end from the 70's?
[Image: bmr.gif]
Let the games begin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv-DZEY6X7k
Licence Back!
Thanx Tim, that leaves us hanging. Where's the rest of the Story!!!?
Greg
Found this at BusaNation.

Chief@BusaNation Wrote:MCN 2008 busa quicker than zx14 !

MCN tested both of the bikes and as we told you before, the much talked about video of zx14 v 2008 busa proved to be just not a serious race because suzuki wins hands down!

0 to 100 mph, Suzuki = 5.45 sec, Kawa = 5.54 sec
1/4 mile, Suzuki = 10.21 sec, Kawa = 10.36 sec
Roll on acceleration = Suzuki quicker everywhere
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:Found this at BusaNation.

Chief@BusaNation Wrote:MCN 2008 busa quicker than zx14 !

MCN tested both of the bikes and as we told you before, the much talked about video of zx14 v 2008 busa proved to be just not a serious race because suzuki wins hands down!

0 to 100 mph, Suzuki = 5.45 sec, Kawa = 5.54 sec
1/4 mile, Suzuki = 10.21 sec, Kawa = 10.36 sec
Roll on acceleration = Suzuki quicker everywhere

Yep,Tim
and here some more numbers from the same test MCN
The old busa was doing good too, not losing much to zx14 in 1/4 mile and 0-100mph time was even better than the new busa but thats because the new busa hits the rev limiter at 99mph in second and the old one after 100 (different sprockets)

Roll on acceleration: 3rd gear/ 4th gear/ 5th gear/ 6th gear.
New Busa :...........6.45 secs/8.0 secs / 9.5 secs / 11.05 secs.
Old Busa :.............6.65 secs/8.45 secs/10.35 secs/ 11.85secs.
ZX14:...................7.0 secs /8.8 secs / 10.1 secs / 12.35 secs.

0 to 60 and 0 to 100 times:
New Busa: 2.94 / 5.45
Old Busa: 2.98 / 5.34
ZX14: 2.84 / 5.54

Top Speed:
New Busa: 183.26 mph
Old Busa: 182.92
ZX14: 182.92

Power outputs:
New Busa: 183.01 bhp
ZX14: 167.55 bhp
Old Busa: 151.25 bhp
I see that Team Moto in Parra has cut $2100 off the price of the '07 ZX-14 down to $16,700.

Now that the new busa is in town sales must be drying up........Party-smiley-018

Ruffy