throw over panniers
Paul, it's a bugger you're not in melb. You could have borrowed mine rather than buying.
I specifically bought mine for the move to Melb from Bris & haven't used the panniers or the rear seat bag since.
I wouldn't consider selling them tho cause you just never know.

Just looking at Brads pic, I see he has the smaller size of panniers. The smaller ones are more shapped to suit the rise of the exhaust. (sorry Brad but I think you have them the wrong way around in the pic) The larger ones are more of an even shape rather than being pointy at one end. On mine I just made the rear joining strap shorter than the forward one to raise the rear of the panniers.

If you are going to get panniers only, & you get the larger ones, & extend them out for the extra capacity, you WILL have a problem of them sagging. They will sag down onto the exhaust. Good thing the Busa exhaust doesn't get hot on the outside of the can.
If you get the rear seat bag as well, then you can just thro some straps over as I did. The panniers also come with a shoulder strap for each so you can seperate them & carry them easily if you need to.
The rear seat bag is awesome. HUGE capacity. I had so much stuff in it I was struggling to lift it.