Thinking about getting a trubo.
G'Day, I was thinking of getting a turbo for the busa a few years ago but job changes and finace put a stop to it all.

I am now back looking for a turbo again.
It is to go on a 04 Model busa. Was going to get the new 08 but i think the money could be better spent on a turbo.

So bassically it is going to be a daily rider to and from work.
It has to be able to run on the normal pump fuel.
I don't want to have to do any engine modifications.
It would be good if I could get something like 280hp. Is this possible with the above setup.

The next question is where can I get a good kit from? Do you have to order them from the staes?

I need some info just to get me started as I have been out of touch with this for a while and I need to find all the info again.

Any help is appreciated.
Talk to Maj he is a member here.
your stage 1 ghetto will get you close HP wise thats what mine basically is it could be used as a daily driver it runs on pump gas its quiet and hidden awy nicely the only major mods to the engine that will need to be done if you are seriously wanting the 280HP is a decompression of the head with a spacer and retentioning of the head bolts and you should be good to go pretty easy to install yourself but you can always get help from fellow boosted members if you run into any troubles
Thnaks for the info.
What roughly is the hp of the stage 1 kit?
I take it that there is a stage 2 kit as well?
If your serious look at the group buy Richard (2 Wicked) is offering on the SHOrg, its a good deal for a stg 1 , esp considering the healthy state of the Aussie dollar compared to the US$
The stg 1 can be very reliable ,for a no mod bike 250hp is more practical, you will still need to retension the head bolts,
the biggest number of turbo bikes damaged in Aust are from dyno's where the operators do not know about turbo's, they either set the fuel as you would on a NA bike (too lean) or load them too long on the dyno causing cyl temps to skyrocket , or both $$$$$$
retensioning bolts is a bit rough? get yourself a stud kit and do the job properly . Torque to yield bolts should never be retensioned.
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
Studs are better now , but for several yrs the available studs were weaker than the std bolts,
Normal procedure is to back off and retorque std bolts to 45-47 ft/lbs (std is 40)
drop in studs torque to 65 ft/lbs , definitely better than the std bolts.
Or you can retap the threads to 1/2 unf , bore the block,gaskets and head and use the big studs or bolts, torque ... i use 75 ft/lbs others up to 90.
Like turbo kits is all a matter of how far(or fast) do you want to go!
'Busa headbolts aren't torqed to yield at stock values. There was some testing done by Motorhead some time back with results proving it.

I use M12 x 1.25 bolts torqued to 70lbs/ft
xhiler8r Wrote:your stage 1 ghetto will get you close HP wise thats what mine basically is it could be used as a daily driver it runs on pump gas its quiet and hidden awy nicely the only major mods to the engine that will need to be done if you are seriously wanting the 280HP is a decompression of the head with a spacer and retentioning of the head bolts and you should be good to go pretty easy to install yourself but you can always get help from fellow boosted members if you run into any troubles

Any idea if they have a website
thanks
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

RCC Turbos

Ghetto_Install2
Shayne
abusa Wrote:RCC Turbos

Ghetto_Install2

Thanks for the info Shane Clap

Silly question is the ghetto a type of turbo or an install type

have been in touch with RCC Turbos over the past few days and are more than happy with there costs and delivery but looking for a second price to satisfy my curiousity.
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

The Ghetto is/was a type of Kit offered by the Motorhead based on RCC components. Not sure if they are still offered For Sale, probably just as erasy to go direct to RCC.
Shayne
Ghetto was marketed by Motorhead performance, but still mostly a RCC kit,
no longer available.
Velocity Racing do a comparable kit.good quality like the rcc, ball bearing instead of plainbearing, minor advantages and disadvantages with both

Glen TC is also marketing another kit (TBR i think), i haven't seen one yet to comment

F.A.S.T. have been pushing there kits on ebay US and various forums but have a reliablity issue with supply

Some nice s/h kits available at the moment in the US too.

My preference is RCC, Richard has a great product and supports it well.