Bandit 1250S on loan
I was given a loaner bike today while my bike gets a bit of a refresher at the dealers.

It is a brand new Bandit 1250s (water cooled model).
I have it for a couple of days and enjoyed an extended ride home from work today to give it a bit of a chance to impress.

It appears to be surprisingly light considering it is the same weight as a busa and smooth as silk up to about 5,000rpm.

The riding position is bolt upright and gives a new perspective on wind blast. The accelleration is comparable to a busa in the lower 3 gears but gets real uncomfortable in the wind for prolonged bursts.

If you could live with a bike that goes like a busa up to about 180kph and is extremely comfortable, it would be a good alternative and REALLY CHEAP @ $11,990 on road with a full set of GIVI luggage.

I found that the throttle was very loose and twitchy though and quite hard to maintain a steady cruising speed. I would adjust it to remove some of the cable slack if it were mine to see if it could be made to feel better. It is really responsive though and you could probably get used to the different feel in a day or two.

If I get to hold onto it for another day or two, I'll update how I adapt to the different riding position and performance.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I was coaxed onto the bandit by my local Suz dealer when looking at buying busas. I just couldn't get over the riding position. I felt like I had a pole... well you know.

They're trying to get me to come in and look at the new model Bandit in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure that they're a good bike for someone, I couldn't stand the wind blast. Makes you feel good about the standard screen of a busa tho.