Some interesting research...
Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa. The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon. It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive). The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird. The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self. This falcon often hunts Blackbirds.

Having done further research, the 'Japanese Very Fast Train' which travels at about the same speeds is also called the Hayabusa. I think this was this pre-dates the Suzuki use of the Hayabusa term.

*I have recently been informed that the term Hayabusa was also used to name a WWII Japanese aircraft. Designated the KI-43 it was built by the Nakajima conglomerate and was classed a fighter. This was apparently the first use of bird names for aircraft.

The Hayabusa was first rumoured to exist during 1998. It was finally launched in Spain on the Catalunya circuit in April 1999. It joins the lists of top speed limit breaking bikes over the years. In fact it is the first production motorcycle to break the 300kph barrier ! The namer of the bike is reported to be Suzuki Product Planning group - Akihiko Muramatsu.
Whenpigsfly
Welcome matty. You really need to use the search function mate. Most of this is not news to us in here. Very Happy

Nice to see your passionate though I guess!
Knuppel2
AFTER HE GETS THE HANG OF THE 750 THEN HE WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN US AT THE TOP OF THE TREE... HEY MATE
Yes
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

Good research Matty. Just one correction.

quote. The Hayabusa was first rumoured to exist during 1998. It was finally launched in Spain on the Catalunya circuit in April 1999. unquote.
- is just a bit out.
It was actually released in late 1998 and went on sale in Australia in early 99.
My VIN number 72 was complianced in Feb 99.

The Japanese also called their highest and fastest flying bird the Hayabusa, it is a satellite.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Come on guys give Matty some credit for his passion, thanks for the info mattClap
No probs, just a wording thing. fixed now.Pi_thumbsupPi_thumbsup

(taking a bit of stick is what this club is all about)
Newbies learn or leave, I prefer that they learn.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Wow matty - theres a couple of really interesting things I didnt know in your post.... and I'm about to own my 2nd busa... haha.

I know about most of the japanese trivia, pop culture etc etc but shall definetely be looking up this Akihiko Muramatsu bloke/sheila.
Licence Back!
Matty, just another correction... you spelt Catalunya wrong.... it has 2 t's Confused (just kidding Pi_tongue)

Let me just kick myself in the nuts to save you the trouble...
Nutkickyt1

Busgo, yours is sooooooooooooooooooo old. Mine was built in April 99 Trophy
My 750 still goes quicker than your busa atm richard..

Isn't that a kick in the balls...............
Ouch! Take that FBR!!! Nutkickyt1

Popcorn

Coolsmiley
Good stuff! Pi_thumbsup
thanks for the info matty 85
there is new people joining all the time , so it never hurts to rehash some things , because unless you know there here or stumble across it searching then you never find it .

never knock a bloke for trying .