Why are we getting ripped off!
Internet purchasing aint it a beaut.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
if a newbusa retailed for around the 14k mark which is a rough change over from the us dollar they would sell them by the ship load. if the prices were comparable to prices in the staes everyone would buy more frequently. thus making them money but they are happy to have high prices an slow turnover i guess
Regards

Dan
i guess they are doing a favour to the GEN_1 owners at least, it'd hurt resale value pretty bad if you could get a new busa for less than 15k.
Licence Back!
Quote:In Oz a worker is entitled to shift penalties, weekend penalties, public holiday penalties (plus day off in lieu), xmas/new year loading, 4 weeks paid annual leave with loading, 6 months paid long service leave after qualifying, rostered days off, generous employer sponsored superannuation, 2 weeks paid sick leave, 5 days unsupported sick leave

Thank fark for that. I'd rather pay more for my Australian goods than be sleeping on a mat under my work bench any day.

Having said this, A recent ACTU study revealed that wages came in ranked 7th on the list of the most effective ways to reduce business operating costs, so that old chestnut about wages costs being the cause of high prices (the one played out by the Australian Employers Chamber of Commerce and VECCI and a whole host of others) just doesn't quite ring true.

Greed is the key. While consumers are willing to pay the price, then that's the price they'll sell at. Ignorance about the REAL costs are the reasons why consumers keep paying.
Boys n girls,

the taxes have alot to do with the different prices we pay...... the state imposed stapm duty is the single biggest killer ..............

on a car valued 45,000 smackers, it cost me about $1200 just to put in my name in NSW.

for by recently acquired k6 it cost me about $500 for a bike valued at $15000 (shhh i fibbed a bit to the RTA though)

for a house i am buying it costs $17200 in STAMP DUTY!!!! I really should invest in a stamp!

for martgage STAMP DUTY its costing an additional $2500!!!

Like what am i missing here........... I'm working for the stste government! I pay less tax in my weekly pay over a year!

Lol2 its just crazzy!!
I bought a V&H sidewinder pipe for my GSXR1100 dragbike last year. The best price i could get Australia wide was $1495.00. I ended up buying from the US for $405 AU delivered to my door in 4 days. Thats $405 inc shipping. I would have prefered to buy from Australia but how could i?