First date with my spanking new K8
Madmax Wrote:
TimF Wrote:haha not wrong! i think some rain is forecast for this weekend, so perhaps i'll install my autocom on the wet days....
i must say the speed for change of direction is fantastic - a massive improvement over my '99 copper.
Congrats mate, looks bloody bewdiful. Half your luck bloke. Yumo.
I'm waiting for the '09, supposed to be 10 horses stronger, 340kph speedo, lighter, and comes in copper!
had ya there for about a second!!!Lol2 I can tell! Well done mate.
MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2

Nice enjoy, I can't wait to see the Blue in real life Pi_thumbsup

That's it I'm waiting for the Copper 09 mod in 08, tone it back a bit pal there is still a few Copper riders left around here, if He keeps it up Volvi pull the pin on him will ya Roll
haha - i shouldnt mention the colour of my last busa when talking about how i prefer my new one over my last one haha... makes it sound like i have something against the colour.

reality is i practically gave the bleeding thing away and have regretted it every day.

but asking me to objectively critique my new busa is like asking a parent to give a review of their newborn child, "it's the best thing ever" etc haha.
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:Ok guys, well a couple hundred kays into the K8, I have only one complaint : from neutral, it isn't the biggest fan of 1st gear. Not clunky or anything, it just wont select 1st gear until i roll it forward slightly. not a big deal, i now do it out of habit at every set of lights. BUT - i dont remember my '99 busa doing it.
i have clocked 280 now and very happy with it ,Tim its happened to me a couple of times too but if i pump the clutch 2 times before i select 1st gear it will be ok and i have also noticed that if you go to 1st gear first and then neutral it will go back to 1st gear no problem
I have read in the new K8 sales brochure that they have modified the gearbox to allow "EASIER" selection of 1st gear. Both 1st and 2nd gears have been narrowed to 18mm width and 5th and 6th have been widened to 18mm. 4th, 5th and 6th now also have a constant spray of oil to make the ride smoother and quieter.

In your case, it may be simply a matter of the clutch bedding in.
The clutch has also been strengthened for better take offs but has a larger master cylinder for lighter action.
A more advanced clutch friction material is now used on the friction plates to give better feel at the lever.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:I have read in the new K8 sales brochure that they have modified the gearbox to allow "EASIER" selection of 1st gear. Both 1st and 2nd gears have been narrowed to 18mm width and 5th and 6th have been widened to 18mm. 4th, 5th and 6th now also have a constant spray of oil to make the ride smoother and quieter.

In your case, it may be simply a matter of the clutch bedding in.
The clutch has also been strengthened for better take offs but has a larger master cylinder for lighter action.
A more advanced clutch friction material is now used on the friction plates to give better feel at the lever.

Yep, they need some time to bed in
Simo Wrote:Nice one Tim...and Larra!

Don't even ask about mine, lets just say I won't be on one for a while. I would like to expand, but at this stage I have just come from the dealer, and feel very irrate. Don't know who's to blame, don't really give a flying fvck, I just know mine didn't arrive...
"Should have one Tuesday or Wednesday next week" I was about to change to a B-King or Gixxer 1000...or just get my deposit back and walk.

On a positive though, well done to those who have them. Ride safe, see you on the road soon Very Happy

If I was you Simo I would tell them to give me discount or im going somewhere else and ask for your money back! They shouldnt take your money in first place if they gonna make you run for it, you work hard earing your $$ last thing you want is doing the running! Give em hard time bro you didnt find your cash in street
xhiler8r Wrote:
TimF Wrote:Actually while I'm asking newbie running-in questions again, can I take a pillion with me during the running-in phase? (never had a new anything before this busa)

if ya do make sure she is a stunning Blonde and slip half a golf ball into the rear seat in the right place you will thank me later Lol3

Boobies4 Lol2
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
Congrats, let the mods and upgrades begin, any plans?
xhiler8r Wrote:if ya do make sure she is a stunning Blonde and slip half a golf ball into the rear seat in the right place you will thank me later Lol3

nah she'd prefer the whole golf-ball haha
Licence Back!
BusaNation Wrote:Congrats, let the mods and upgrades begin, any plans?

Thanks man. No plans for upgrades quite yet, though I'll install my AutoCom system this weekend.

Maybe some of those new yoshis a little further down the track.
Licence Back!
Another happy snap.
Licence Back!
beggining to like the blue.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.