HELP!!! Busa running very bad
Dan85 Wrote:but would over fueling cause white smoke and all four spark plugs to be coated in oil?

GIVE GREG A CALL AND SEE IF HE CAN GIVE YOU AN IDEAConfused
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

you should jsut take it off my hands cause your workshop can fix it easy an give me a new one:)
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:you should jsut take it off my hands cause your workshop can fix it easy an give me a new one:)

THAT'S WHAT I'M WORKING ON.......

TRYING TO GET YOU ONTO A NEW BIKEYes

Hijacked
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

Dan a rough guess on yours i would have to say being a 99 it probably has blocked filters/injector screens , ran lean and caused engine damage, this is a very rough guess, white smoke and oily plugs don't look good, :(
Compression test or leakdown test would help diagnosis
Maj compressionand leakdown are in the pipeline. jsut coming slowly. th motor still runs tho thats the thing i dont understand only problem is now its slowl gotten worse to the point were when cold it spits oil and when its hot it doesnt smoke except for the overrun on the throttle
Regards

Dan
I wouldn't run it till you can confirm whats wrong.
was from whn it first started smoking i was abut 15k in the middle of no were. hasnt moved since i got it home
Regards

Dan
1hotbusa Wrote:Hi there,

I was riding to work this morning, all was going well when suddenly the bike started running rough, lost power, and would not idle at all. I was on a 1/4 tank on the way to work, and thought it was taking in dirty fuel. I refueled to see if that sorted it out, thinking it was bodgy fuel. Nope, that did not sort it.

I lifted the tank at lunchtime today, checked the plugs which were a bit fouled, gave them a clean, but to no avail. Now I have a bike that I am pretty sure is running on three cylinders, surges between on and off throttle application, and makes a whole heap of smoke.

I will be sifting through the service manual, but if any gurus on here could offer any advice I am all ears. And trash the red bike is not welcome advice in this instance.Pi_freak

.303 should do the trick.
kawasuki Wrote:
1hotbusa Wrote:Hi there,

I was riding to work this morning, all was going well when suddenly the bike started running rough, lost power, and would not idle at all. I was on a 1/4 tank on the way to work, and thought it was taking in dirty fuel. I refueled to see if that sorted it out, thinking it was bodgy fuel. Nope, that did not sort it.

I lifted the tank at lunchtime today, checked the plugs which were a bit fouled, gave them a clean, but to no avail. Now I have a bike that I am pretty sure is running on three cylinders, surges between on and off throttle application, and makes a whole heap of smoke.

I will be sifting through the service manual, but if any gurus on here could offer any advice I am all ears. And trash the red bike is not welcome advice in this instance.Pi_freak

.303 should do the trick.

So would a working brake sender!!!! That's what cheesed itself when I pointed the .303 at it!Knuppel2Very Happy:
Hi,

I have the similar problem (this happend this morning), although there is no smoke - the bike runs like shit - it sounds like only 3 CL are working. Dont know what is the cause the only thing diff from Friday to today is that
>I cleaned the bike with lots of water, polished the wheels ----Didnt start it after cleaning???????????
> I opened the air cleaner to change and looked into the air box and there was some dirt in it so cleaned it???????????? Didnt start the bike after this...

I only started it today morning and my ride to office was f*&^ed Up.

Cheers,

Bill
Sounds like 1 hotbusa's problem, see pg1
Maj Wrote:Sounds like 1 hotbusa's problem, see pg1

Dont know yet, but took this oppurtunity to change the Spark plugs, clean the fuel line, flush the brake and clutch fluid.

this is a pre-owned Busa - didnt know the history so thought of getting above things done.

I already changed all the brake pads, got stock sprocket and gold chain etc - engine oil is changed every 3000 k.

Will update the board on the progress soon......

Cheers,
Bill
Hi All,

Bike is all good, one of the spark plug went bad, changed all and got all the fluid changed.

Cheers,

Bill

bgaheer Wrote:
Maj Wrote:Sounds like 1 hotbusa's problem, see pg1

Dont know yet, but took this oppurtunity to change the Spark plugs, clean the fuel line, flush the brake and clutch fluid.

this is a pre-owned Busa - didnt know the history so thought of getting above things done.

I already changed all the brake pads, got stock sprocket and gold chain etc - engine oil is changed every 3000 k.

Will update the board on the progress soon......

Cheers,
Bill
I had just typed this in right before I read this:

thanks a ton! looks like a pretty good site!
I also have a quick bit of info to fix a 99-00 busa with stuttering problems that works everytime! (done it 3 times to 3 different bikes! always works)

I am sure you all know this model year has a bad problem with the fuel pump filters clogging up and they are HARD to find!

solution: take your pump apart and REMOVE all filters! I know this sounds terrible but all you have to do is put a $5.00 inline filter for a V8 carburated engine in between the out line for the tank and the in line to the pump! this filter is clear and can be checked easily often by just lifting your tank. If it gets anything in it, you can see it and take five minutes to replace that filter by putting a new one on. this also helps with throttle response!

mine is a 99 and it done the same thing! this fixed it! and 2 others