Removing the 08 side cowling
Hey guys, lots of 08 owners now and having great difficulty with removing the hidden side fastners on the new 08, one of my members did a great shot by shot and detailed description on how to remove them and side fairing without destryoing the side, please feel free to read and hope this helps, could save you some replacement $ Cheers-Duane

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174
Feel free to copy and paste any info from my site, i believe in sharing inforamation with other Busa sites so that everyone benefits and is in the loop-Cheers Duane
Cheers Duane.

I actually first read this on busanation. It's a great article.
Licence Back!
Hey buddy nice pics should help a few out I reckon I really hope that isnt the way that you have to check the water level and top it up if it is what a right royal pain in the ass that is going to be
As you know the top 3 screws fro mthe GenI busa are now replaced in the GenII 08 by slits and tabs, been a real killer to take off the fairing to change the oil or put on an exhaust system
Good write up.Heard about the probs some guys were having.

B-King takes fiddling first time too, those front indicators slide forward when all the bolts and push pins are removed, sliding off plastic hooks and rubber mounted tangs and also held by a coarse sort of velcro,
Thanks for the info Mr Busanation.
We have a sticky thread up the top for technical K8 information such as this so that we can keep the models separate.
I wonder if one of the admins could move this item up there.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
No Problem and my name is Duane
Sorry Duane, maybe our webmaster can also put your BusaNation weblink up on top of the page along with the other couple of club links.
Cheers.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Great description mate! Thanks for going to so much trouble to help out.

I watched mine being removed (from a distance) in the dealer's workshop yesterday. It looked difficult but with your post it will be so much easier - Cheers!
Maj Wrote:B-King takes fiddling first time too, those front indicators slide forward when all the bolts and push pins are removed, sliding off plastic hooks and rubber mounted tangs and also held by a coarse sort of velcro,

Pi_thumbsup

I thought "turn key-front seat off, pull wire-rear seat off,
pull sidepanel-sidepanel off" I like this! This is easy!

Then I tried the tank......Read...Coffee...Confused
BUSGO Wrote:Sorry Duane, maybe our webmaster can also put your BusaNation weblink up on top of the page along with the other couple of club links.
Cheers.
That would be cool, i am going to return the favor, my goal at the BusaNation is to promote all the great Busa sites and I am going put up banners t olink to all the great sites if you Australian boys will allow me to, i am doing the same with UKBUSAS, and other busa sites around the country, i believe in sharing of information and ideas, besides we all love the busa and we should all benefit from it and what information or resources are available _CHEERS Duane
xhiler8r Wrote:Hey buddy nice pics should help a few out I reckon I really hope that isnt the way that you have to check the water level and top it up if it is what a right royal pain in the ass that is going to be

Hey Bill,

The coolant reservoir is on the righthand side under the cowling. You can see it by looking under the screen at just the right angle.

Sorry to go off topic btw.

Tim.
Licence Back!
Howdy from the American Desert West, gentlemen!

I am the author of that article.

I've learned a few things about that bodywork removal since I first wrote it several weeks ago, and I'll be updating that article here shortly.

Hope y'all don't might a Yank hanging out here with you some... quite frankly, most of the USA-oriented Busa forums are just crap, in my opinion. Too much chest-beating and drama, all a waste of time. I just want to ride.

I am also an Admin at BusaNation.com, along with Duane.
Welcome to our yankee bro's. Nice to see you guys on board. I'm sure you will have plenty to add downunda. Cheers.