Oil filter removal tool... anybody got one
Once again, thanks for all the feedback. Ok.... I'll continue to tighten it in the manner Suzuki suggests - which is what I do now. I have no problems getting them on... its off that irks me. I will either get hold of the type with a nut on the end or find a more appropriate tool. Thanks again all.
This looks alright
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:IT&ih=001
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Like Legend said, a screwdriver works to get it started and be extra careful not to overtighten that sump plug bolt or she'll strip!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
This is what I use. Got it when I got the Hayabusa, I think from MCA. Never had a problem with it. I fit the socket to the filter from the side, then with the front wheel turned I come in from the front with a socket and an extension and off it pops. The thread in the middle is to wind a bolt down it if it sticks on the filter.

[attachment=2085]
The filter removing socket. Takes a 12mm socket.

[attachment=2086]

[attachment=2087]

[attachment=2088]
This is the internal thread for extracting the filter. I find a light rap on the side of the casing gets it off easily.
Ohhh baby! Come to pappa! I'm gettin' one of those!
simmo Wrote:
Gaz57 Wrote:Use the new filters with the nut head already on the filter for easy removal. K&N I think?
Gaz

Pi_thumbsup K&N Pan is now the NSW supplier

Yeh. I got a few out the back Pi_thumbsup

Takes a 14mm spanner, or whatever the sump plug is... it's the same!

Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:
kawasuki Wrote:Dont use KN with aftermarket exhaust systems as the nut at the end of filter makes it hard to get out.

Which nut at the end of the filter, Pan or Simmo?

Simmo's the nut, and I'm qualified to make that assessment! Nerd
Put a hose clamp over the filter body and tap it with a screwdriver and a hammer.This avoids the clearance issues the nut style remover has with aftermarket headers.