1397 and Turbo??
Guys I dont know if this is a stupid question or not but I will give it a crack anyway.

Is there any benefit from turboing a 1397 engine over a 1299? I want to make a plan for progressing my bike to turbo over the next couple of years and I was thinking of throwing a bore kit on in the short term for a bit of excitement. Is that money down the toilet?

Half the fun of racing the 1/4 for me is working on the bike in the off season so I like the idea of going down the same path as Antsbuza did and making the manifold and plennum etc myself.

If the bore kit is a waste of money I think I would just start on the turbo straight up.

Any Comments?

Drool
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Save the money for the turbo.
I'll build you a 1299cc turbo motor that will have problems getting traction on any drag strip.
1398 can end up causing you all sorts of sealing problems with 30psi boost shoved down its throat.

But if you "have to have it" go ahead !

Leonard.Biker
You confirmed what I was suspecting, I will bin the bore kit idea and look straight at the hairdryers.

I am dead keen to have a go at a home build though. I am a mechanic by trade - Retired, and arent too bad at welding/engineering stuff.

Drool
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer