sticker removal
hi guys,can anybody tell me an easy way to remove sticker about wearing a helmet that is on the fuel tank,thanks/////dave
Leave the bike in the sun for an hour or two and if it is a nice warm day, the sticker will peel straight off if you can lift one corner.
Go gentle and there is no residue but if there is, a bit of Big Kev's goo remover or Eucalyptus oil will get it off.

This works better than a hair dryer because the whole tank gets equally as warm and a dryer is only a regional warmth.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I took mine off today, heated it with a hair drier, then peeled it off, in about 100 pieces.... the credit card is the trick for sure. However this left ALOT of resudue. I know alot will say not to use petrol to clean this off, but it worked very well to clean off the adhesive. I then cleaned the petrol off with a good bit of glass cleaner.... it turned out very good, and no I didnt take the paint off the tank.
crazzy54 Wrote:I took mine off today, heated it with a hair drier, then peeled it off, in about 100 pieces.... the credit card is the trick for sure. However this left ALOT of resudue. I know alot will say not to use petrol to clean this off, but it worked very well to clean off the adhesive. I then cleaned the petrol off with a good bit of glass cleaner.... it turned out very good, and no I didnt take the paint off the tank.

The proffesional way would be to use what's called a Caramel or Vanilla Wheel. I use them in my Smash repairs all the time. Doesn't mark the paint, and it's off in seconds.
If you have larger stickers, this is the way to go!!!
Put a rag on the sticker & pour boiling water on it Pi_thumbsup
I got mine off fairly easily, except one was a right bastard to remove, the old eucalyptus oil sorted him out though