Gen II VIN numbers
We had a VIN number list for the GEN I busas, so I thought I'd start another discussion for the new gen model.

My new bike is Australian compliance manufactured in 11/07 and is VIN # 333.

The VIN number is on the plate on the right side of the headstock and is the last 5 digits of the vehicle description code.
It will be interesting to see how the bikes have been distributed by showing the Vins from around the country.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Mine is 100102, so I take it thats 102?

Maroochydore, Queenland!
10/07

Licence Back!
10/07
Mine is 097

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
[quote=BUSGO]
We had a VIN number list for the GEN I busas, so I thought I'd start another discussion for the new gen model.

My new bike is Australian compliance manufactured in 11/07 and is VIN # 333.

The VIN number is on the plate on the right side of the headstock and is the last 5 digits of the vehicle description code.
It will be interesting to see how the bikes have been distributed by showing the Vins from around the country.

I got 024, how low can you go??
Number 348 over here. Does anyone know about the numbers on the back of the engine just above the engine number. Mine is BBCB 8. Apparently the letters represent how many times each corresponding cylinder was set. For example B=2 and C=3.
VNSVLE Wrote:Mine is BBCB 8. Apparently the letters represent how many times each corresponding cylinder was set. For example B=2 and C=3.

What does that mean in simple terms?

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
Crankshaft mains Code..dont worry about emmmm..you'll need to know.
mine is number 90
Regards,
Shane
I will let you know mine from Canada to see how different the VIN #'s are
gazza414 Wrote:Crankshaft mains Code..dont worry about emmmm..you'll need to know.

There was some adhoc discussion in a forum somewhere here. If I remember right, it was a bit off topic for the thread, but was very interesting.

Buggered if I can find it now though....
Licence Back!
will check mine tongiht, ll be itneresting mine was in pretty early i had it in november.
Regards

Dan
I think it was Legend that pointed out that the crankshaft code is simply a guide to the engine builders at the factory to indicate what bearings to fit to the main crank or somethink along those lines.
It means stuff all at the end of the day as to how well the engine runs as long as they fit the parts together according to the code.
Regards BUSGO
11/07 288Pi_thumbsup
Bump.

We have a lot more Gen IIs in the club now.
Any additions to our VIN list?
Regards BUSGO