Induction noise
Comparing my K4 with the K9 I find pretty much everything is better on the new bike apart from the induction noise under acceleration. I can't describe it as anything but "cheap" and it is now getting irritating.

Most of my bikes have had a new zorst added for a nice note but I kept the stock on the K4 as it just sounded mechanically sweet in OEM form. I expected the K9 to be similar but the pathetic growl from the front end over-rides the hum of a modern engine.

I'm not chasing responses on what new zorst to get as I have already have that sorted, just interested in if anyone else has noticed the intake sound to the point they would possibly post about it on a public busa forum :)
try factory pro billet velocity stacks.They definately sound better when fitted to a gen1.
It is the first time that I have heard anyone complain about the induction roar of a GEN II bike.
I found the stock noise to be quite appealing but the attraction of a bit of a deep growl soon replaced it.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
It might pay to lift the tank & make sure the air filter is still attached to the throttle bodies or not leaking. they don't call then the flying carpet for nothing, something is not right
ByfordBlade try getting along to one of the Mocha / Latte Nights here in WA as there is normally a combination of Gen II's there with different systems on.
I have a full yoshi system on and also another couple of Busas with Yoshi Systems on just different cans. There is also one with two brothers slip on cans which sound very nice as well so come along and check them out and you should be able to make an informed decision from there..
Biker
(13-11-2009, 01:30am)Rev004 Wrote: ByfordBlade try getting along to one of the Mocha / Latte Nights here in WA as there is normally a combination of Gen II's there with different systems on.
I have a full yoshi system on and also another couple of Busas with Yoshi Systems on just different cans. There is also one with two brothers slip on cans which sound very nice as well so come along and check them out and you should be able to make an informed decision from there..

Rev004,

If we can arrange a Mocha / Latte Night in December any time after the 10th you can also check out a LTD GenII fitted with a full titanium 4-1 Brock CT system and a few other bits and pieces for you to make an informed decision
Been out of circulation for the past three years odd, looking forward to catching up and arranging a ride before Xmas with you guys.
Dave:Knuppel2
Byford? Is that Byford near Roleystone Byford?

I'm a Hillian from Roleystone. I live along one of the best scratching roads in Perth. It's just natch that I own a Busa!
Hey Camel, i'm also a Hillion, i'm in Martin. We're neighbours Very Happy .
Email sent.....
(13-11-2009, 05:51pm)Camel Wrote: Byford? Is that Byford near Roleystone Byford?

Haven't jumped on here for a few weeks but the answer is yes, I'm just down a few good roads from Roleystone. You can pick the difference in the towns as we don't play banjos and try to marry outside our immediate family down here Pi_tongue
I hear the palms are hairier at Serpentine!

You going on the tenth anniversary run next week? See you there?
I had to pull out of the anniversary run as I have work committments but will try to make an appearance at some point so I can meet a few of the WA guys - look out for me, I'll be on the hayab ... oh wait .. doh