Little hint to those that Post to youtube ....
First off -- don't do it -- Not worth the crap ..... BUT if you ignore all that offer this advice and do it anyway - then i suggest these things ......

Dont ride with mates - you will be filming them ( and number plates ) and identifiers such as particular jackets - pants - helmet combinations

DONT do it anywhere near home -- ie if you live in sydney -- film in at least 30 K from sydney and don't film from home or going home or to a friends house ..... also keep in mind if you do get a shot of your bike make sure it does not have any stickers on it saying where the bike was bought from ( especially on numberplate boarders -- you may blur your plate but sometimes forget the boarders)

THIS IS THE BIGGIE - DO NOT POST to youtube from your home computer or home internet connection. If you have online friends in the US - canada or any other country -- send to them and get them to post it IF you have to have it online using there accounts NOT YOURS.

also when you edit your clip -- don't put any id on it at all -- i.e email address nick names what ever ...

so with all that said --- its not worth it --- so leave it for home video
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
You had problems ?
Pommie Wrote:You had problems ?

nah i have no interest in posting any clips to youtube - be it on my bike or 4x4ing - just wanted to help out my fellow bike rider so they don't make any silly mistakes if they do feel the need to post.....

Boc
Good tips!
hey but seriously.... wouldn't they have to get a warrant to get the ip details from youtube, then another from the ISP they think it came from to obtain details of the owners to the IP??

Then throw in that all ISP's use a thing called DHCP **Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (protocol for automating the configuration of computers that use TCP/IP)***

What this means is mostly your internet connection will change its IP every 1 or 2 weeks....

so IF they get a warrant to get the details off youtube, then off the ISP (If they know how to trace) and then see if the IP matches up to the right house - then the right computer....

honestly... I think they have buckleys chance from a technical point of view to prove you put it up there.... unless you have number plates in the film LOL
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Information is power, if nothing else at the moment, then it is being gathered.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
hence the removal of certain vids on mass from youtube
RaZ Wrote:hey but seriously.... wouldn't they have to get a warrant to get the ip details from youtube, then another from the ISP they think it came from to obtain details of the owners to the IP??

Then throw in that all ISP's use a thing called DHCP **Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (protocol for automating the configuration of computers that use TCP/IP)***

What this means is mostly your internet connection will change its IP every 1 or 2 weeks....

so IF they get a warrant to get the details off youtube, then off the ISP (If they know how to trace) and then see if the IP matches up to the right house - then the right computer....

honestly... I think they have buckleys chance from a technical point of view to prove you put it up there.... unless you have number plates in the film LOL

remember , the gov employ geeks to process this information , so its there job to sit for hours / days to get a result . If you do what i suggest - they will hit a brick wall unless the person you sent it to folds , but i doubt it

Boc
You think they can not find you? RFLOL
they would need a judge to approve a warrant to get info just from you tube like that, then another for the isp, then another to get in your house & take the pc to try & prove it was from you.... haven't heard of that happening.... ever - unless you killed someone or had 100 pounds of dope that you put a video up of lol

I just don't think its something that bad to worry about if you have vids up.
Anyone who posts their motorcycle deeds on utube is just shooting himself in the foot and an idiot by giving these assholes the oportunity to rubbish the m/cycle community with ammunition provided by no one else but YOU.
ie: Qld ,down south, a group of riders used to meet every Sat or Sun to go for a spin.They met at a specific servo hardly used by bikers but on a couple of occasions one of them decided to film their fun.Editing their plates was all good and done until some cuntstable decided to,and I quote"on my day off I scaned the film clip for landmarks to find out where they met" well he did and not only that, he asked the servo manager to show him the security tapes to get the rego.Mind you he went as far to say that when he eventually sussed it out he could not just walk in and ask but called the service station in question advising them that an officer is coming down to view tape footage of this specific day. When asked why by yours truly his justification was "detective practice",my answer to that was why dont you invest your time on some rapist or child molester instead of bikers.The answer to that was astonishing and I quote again"If you only knew how many rights they have due to their medical condition".I nearly fell of my chair hearing this asswipe talking like its open season on bikers but lets leave the pedophile alone cause of his testosterone levels.
Apparently that(utube clip/s) on its own is enough to put you on their radar and if you think that they will use that in court you are sadly mistaken because they will have enough on you by the time you get to the "yes I plead guilty" stage.Is it not enough that we have dipshit journalists who report statistics that make us look like lepers on wheels.To top it all off we also have wana be detectives who spend their free time chasing vechiles like dogs.If you are wondering,NO I did not open my mouth that I own/ride the best bike in the world cause if I did Im preety sure that his fukin ears would have started girating and an antenna came out of his arse. The point to all this is
IF YOU WANT TO TUBE GET READY TO BE LUBED.
yeah - and gathering info like that wont stand up in court either - have to be a little real about this. either way, I am not worried lol
theres hundreds.. maybe thousands of illegal bike and car shit on youtube from qld and nsw and etc....

somehow i don't think they'll try hard to track you down unless your number plate is blantently obvious...

then they got to prove it is you on that bike.. think about it..
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
If your case is unfortunate enough to attract a highly public profile - they'd use anything and everything to appear to be doing something.
Licence Back!
"Prove it's you on the bike ".....

If the bike is not reported stolen it must be you, you own it don't you Very Happy

Ohhhhhh right ........so your mate borrowed it did he ? we'll have him then Lol3
Never ride the A model of anything.