Flat tyre and some damage. Gen 2
Just got my first bike flat ever, geard up for a ride today and have a rear flat with a nail imbeded. I havent got a rear bike stand yet and would be a pain to remove the wheel, whats the best aproach to this? is there a mobile tyre repair service in brisbane?

Bad things come in threes or what? flat tyre , crack my geelong carbon fiber tank protector on fitting now in the bin , side stand wasent down properly and fell over braking foot peg nice gouge on side engine cover scrathes on mirror and left fairing and exhaust all superficial not sure if its worth claiming on insurence? but what a weekend. for my Gen2 busa. Atleast fitting my new leavers and fender eliminator went to plan.
gee mate, what a bad run you've had.

definitely a good time to invest in a rear stand. getting the rear wheel off isn't hard.

and it'll mean you can shop around for the tyre/mushroom plug/fitting etc..

also if you're after a replacement Geelong Carbon Craft tank protector, see the manufacturer Phil on the Gold Coast. i got mine for $100 - much cheaper than the shops. and he installed it beautifully and prepped the surface first etc.
Licence Back!
Sounds like your not having much luck mate, i have a GCC tank protector and i cleaned the tank and sprayed some soapy water on the tank as it will allow you to line it up .
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Cleaned the tank, lined up starting from the top to find the bottom left wouldent take ,tried to adjust but it cracked ended up in pieces:( . Hey Tim is there a number for that guy as i will drop in and see him on my next trip down there, I wont attempt it my self again, Any one know a cheap decent bike stand I get up here in Briz? and as for the damage nothing serious but annoying, will be fixing it when more funds are saved ,just not sure if i should claim it my insurence , Need a new left peg and left mirror, Need repairs to left fairing scratches including Kanji logo and Left side engine case any reccomendations there? Any way of getting this repaired cheap or just claim it on my insurence? Thanks.
have a look at these guys for a stand. $120 delivered !
http://www.kaneg.com.au
when i fitted my gcc , traced around the edge with a whiteboard marker to use as a guide, still you only really get one chance with them.
Thanks pecky just orderd that stand.
dirtydog Wrote:Hey Tim is there a number for that guy as i will drop in and see him on my next trip down there

Hey mate, I know you've already found this but I thought I'd post it in case others were reading your thread.

Located on the Gold Coast: http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/
Licence Back!
Yeah the sudsy water trick would have made mine go on better if I had remembered to do it.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Sorry to hear it mate.
TimF Wrote:also if you're after a replacement Geelong Carbon Craft tank protector, see the manufacturer Phil on the Gold Coast. i got mine for $100 - much cheaper than the shops. and he installed it beautifully and prepped the surface first etc.

I have to echo any good reports of Geelong Carbon Craft - I ordered mine and the guy said he would drop it off as he was going to be down in Melbourne anyway. I wasn't home when he came around, but Jo was - when I came home, the hugger was fitted!!! Fantastic service!!!! Fitting was not included in the deal, but I was over the moon!