moto gp ,who's going
Sorry lads, couldn't make it, Wendy dropped her bike on the way to the island. She is ok but it just took some time. Cheers,
Holge
<i></i>
Sorry to hear that Mate. Is everything ok?
The Frankenbusa will rise again!!!<i></i>
Yeah, it was just a little off at a give way sign.
She had the option of pushing her luck and rushing into busy traffic, trying to catch the bike by putting her leg under it or letting it go. She decided on the last one. Smart choice IMO.
Bugger all damage but it meant that I had to ride from the island to Cranborne to find and fit a clutch lever. The only other dammage was some scratches on the stater cover. No fairing dammage so that is pretty good. Got back for the 125's so that was ok.

The main thing is that she is perfectly fine, just a little embarrased considering all of the bikes around. Surprising how many riders zoomed by while a beautifull lady stands above a downed bike in the middle of an intersection.
It seems to me that with every passing year of the GP, riders do more stupid, risky and impatient things.
For fucks sake, if you are already in the emergency lane with someone who is obviously rattled by the intense nature of the traffic, DON'T overtake on the left. (please excuse my language) Bunch of c*******.
A complete dissregard for safety and for what??? a few extra seconds??? There was a fleet of 's around EVERY corner.....
What is happening in the bike world. Are we not pulling our mates into line anymore??? OR have we arrived at the point where it is all for me and f*** the rest? Cheers,
Holge
<i>Edited by: Holger the Dane&nbsp; at: 21/9/06 12:08 pm
</i>
I (stupidly) ran out of petrol on a bridge with no run off. I was FINE, I had someone coming with petrol, but I was amazed at the number of bikes that just sailed past me not making eye contact. If there is a bike by the side of the road, I always slow down and give them the thumbs up or down just to check. I've gone 4kms down the road to chuck a u-turn to go back for a girl on her L-plates who said no-one else had stopped. We are a team, it shits me when people let the side down. If we don't look after each other, no one else is going to.

<i></i>
If we don't look after each other, no one else is going to.

Couldn't agree more!
When I started riding everyone waved on bikes. Now .... only a few.
<i></i>
I agree with some of these points.
I always wave, even to cops....
Some even wave back

Mike and I stopped in the middle of the Putty Rd yesterday to assist a lady and her son in a diesel transit van that had vapour lock. In the end we couldn't help but at least we got the roadservice truck to look after them.

Sorry to hear about your lady's misfortune Holger. That is one good point about staying on the Island for the weekend - bugger all traffic to worry about.

She wasn't the only one to come to grief, some dipshit on a KTM Adventure was trying to make a quick getaway from the bike parking area and donuted himself onto the deck. He picked it up and then proceeded to almost do it again just for good measure.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
There are certainly some bright ones Cheers,
Holge
<i></i>
Hi All, we got back to Perth Friday afternoon from Phillip Island. We caught the ferry from Sorento and travelled along the Great Ocean Road to Mt Gambier and then to Adelaide. Awesome peice of road. Windy though.

We met Mark on the Barry Sheene ride while we were riding along, and Busgo in Cowes and had coffee. Would like to have caught up with more of us though and exchanged some lies!

The Busa went well, made it on a single rear tyre (Bridgestone 020) Perth to Perth, with lots of luggage and my son. Tyres buggered now though. Didnt need to adjust the chain at all (sprayed just the exposed bits you can see every night while it was still hot). Still seems to be acceptably tight. Amazing. We travelled about 700 - 800 km per day with a couple of days of 1100km on the way home. Speed mostly around 130-140 km/hr cruising. The Busa cruises at any speed but around 140 was comfortable and not too illegal, Got a few hard looks from the police. In Victoria we were very good boys and used a GPS to keep the speed legal. Fuel consumption was OK but it fell to around 12km / l when the speed crept over 140 and the head winds were high. Best I got was around 18km/l cruising (no wind to speak of). On Thursday the side winds were terrible across the Nullabor and the Busa was actually quite a handfull to keep on the road. Still managed the trip from Ceduna to Fraser Range though, but I was pretty well stuffed at the end of it.

Any way, nice to have met Mark and Busgo.

Cheers <i></i>
Likewise Cookieman, Glad you made it home safely with the youngun and friends.
Sorry we did not have more time to chat.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>