6,000 K Service
I did my 6,000 k service over the past two days and everything is going sweet.
The oil that was put in at the 1,000 service came out looking really clean. Of course it looked dark in the catch tray under the bike but when you put a bit in a glass, it was only a shade darker than the new oil that went into the bike.
I used the recommended Motul 3100 Gold.

The OEM Sump plug washer is possibly steel on the K8 but I replaced it with a copper one as part of the service.
The good news is that the sump plug has a longer thread on it than the Gen 1 PLUG and therefore the actual sump itself may have more load bearing capability than the Gen 1 version that as many know was easy to strip if overtightened.

The GEN II bike oil is drained with the bike on the sidestand which makes getting to the sump plug a bit easier from the right side of the bike.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
[quote=BUSGO]
I did my 6,000 k service over the past two days and everything is going sweet.

Hey Busco, did you do the service yourself? I suppose it would be easy following the recommended schedule as set out in the service manual.
Very easy,
It is just an inspection service basically.
The only real dirty bits are cleaning and oiling the chain and the oil change.
The rest is pure inspection.
Regards BUSGO
I've been quoted around $260. Sounds like you've saved yourself some significant money mate.
Licence Back!
BUSGO Wrote:Very easy,
It is just an inspection service basically.
The only real dirty bits are cleaning and oiling the chain and the oil change.
The rest is pure inspection.

Busgo, I am certain an old (er, experienced I mean mate) Fitter and Turner can eat this basic service. But how do you reckon Suzuki will view self-service in the event of a warranty claim on the engine?
The local shop was happy to stamp the book after we swapped the oil over in the driveway.
The mechanic was very happy to accept that I'd done all the other bits and pieces.
I was happy to pay for 1/2 an hour of his time and the oil and for him to get rid of the waste.
Regards BUSGO