Never riden in the rain .......
After all the rain we have been hit with in the past few weeks (sydney), and constantly riding my busa in the rain to work rather than driving my big bastard nissan patrol with heating -- massive mud terrain tyres ,4 inch lift bullbar with Winch ( guaranteed to intimidate any hyundai driver ... LMAO ) , it made me reflect back to a lot of the adds i had seen in the past of people selling there bikes whether on ebay - trading post or other such media.

What amuses me , or rather perplexes me is the line i see all to often ... "Never riden in the rain!"

Does this really make a huge difference to you ,as the perspective buyer , that this seller has been to chicken to venture out into the rain? is he scared he may rust ?( rider - not the bike ) scared of getting cold? - scared of getting a little bit of water on a bike ??? If you see the shit hot bike that you have wanted for a while ..... low k's NOT a scratch or imperfection anywhere - your about to part company with your over taxed Income untill you discover ... "It has been riden in the rain.... "

OOOOOH my god NOOOOOOOO! DEAL IS OFF !!!

Have you been guilty of this line in your add? why are you scared to ride in the rain ? Why is this line so important to you in your decision to buy ?

look forwards to your comments :)

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
StormWould those peolpe still buy the bike if you had washed it under the hose?.A little bit of water never hurt anyone ,bike or rider .Although all this rain is starting to give me the shitsStorm
Wouldn't / doesn't bother me.
That question would not even enter my mind when buying a bike.

We have 1 car & 1 bike. Guess how I get to work every day. Rain, hail or shine.....

There were a few days last winter when I arrived at work with ice on my jacket.
yeh the rain bullshit would never confince me to buy a bike over another.
I suppose if you think back to the 50's and 60's, even maybe the 70's, corrosion was a big problem for bikes.
The chrome and metal finishes were way below par and they didn't weather very well at all.

But, these days there are very few parts that suffer from a bit of water.

I reckon most of the advertisers that use the "never ridden in the rain" bit are probably old school riders - or maybe just scared of the wet stuff, as you say.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I think you hit that one on the head Busgo Clap
I lived in Melbourne for a number of years and rode my bike mon-fri regardless. Winter Summer, rain hail or shine. (Well never actually in the hail.. ) Those limp dick pussies who dont ride in the rain dont know what they are missing out on. Spinning it up while overtaking and drifting the back end is awesome fun.

Having said that, the weather in Melbourne for the last week has been nothing short of exceptional. Sucked in Sydney. Your weather is sht.

Tycho
I don't mind the rain or wet roads as long as i've got the right gear on,nice & warm & dry , like someone else said good for testing traction control, these new breed of street tyres surprise me .Still ride like a bit of a wuss in the wet though.
Louwai Wrote:Wouldn't / doesn't bother me.
That question would not even enter my mind when buying a bike.

We have 1 car & 1 bike. Guess how I get to work every day. Rain, hail or shine.....

There were a few days last winter when I arrived at work with ice on my jacket.

+1

When I took the delivery of my 04 Busa in Dallas TX, it was a sunny day - riding home it started to rain.Knuppel2
We I bought my 00 Busa in Sydney again it was a sunny day and started to rain as I rode home...Knuppel2 guess rain is my friend......Lol2

I love the bit of risk involved during riding in rainTrophy, dont care if its sunny, cold, rain or strom...Biker

Cheers,

Bill
Hey Tycho, don't speak too soon, have you seen the weather report for the weekend?

I usually try to avoid riding in the rain but that doesn't mean I don't do it. Like last year's MotoGP. Anyone who chickened out of riding to the GP because of a little precipitation... Icon_box_

I was showing a friend the busa a couple of months ago and as it turned out, started raining a little while we were at the cafe. Well you know, the sideways action getting onto the on-ramp of the freeway was all part of the entertainment. Coolsmiley

TYCHO Wrote:I lived in Melbourne for a number of years and rode my bike mon-fri regardless. Winter Summer, rain hail or shine. (Well never actually in the hail.. ) Those limp dick pussies who dont ride in the rain dont know what they are missing out on. Spinning it up while overtaking and drifting the back end is awesome fun.

Having said that, the weather in Melbourne for the last week has been nothing short of exceptional. Sucked in Sydney. Your weather is sht.

Tycho
BUSGO Wrote:I reckon most of the advertisers that use the "never ridden in the rain" bit are probably old school riders - or maybe just scared of the wet stuff, as you say.

That really means that our Saracen (Marky Mark) is either plain scared shitless of the wet stuff (I didn't say he was a poof right!Pi_tongue) or.....old as the hills. His bewdifull blue has never seen the rain. This guys refuses to ride out of his shed if it's raining as close to Canberra as....Melbourne!Violin

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Every time someone tells me they have never ridden in the rain, I tell them that is nothing to be proud of! Ride in snow and get back to me.
I think is meant to be a selling strong point like:one lady owner or full log books or only driven to church on Sunday(in dry weather only). Therefore you know its in good nick.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I have no problem myself riding in the rain but I know my bikes have never been the same after, with shit getting everywhere being impossible to clean.

Bikes being used as daily commuters are never the same as those kept for weekends.
Shayne
Heidi1 Wrote:Every time someone tells me they have never ridden in the rain, I tell them that is nothing to be proud of! Ride in snow and get back to me.

Done the snow thing a few times in Tassie . Black ice not much fun
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com