light load surge finally nailed
kitmark Wrote:Anyone know a vendor where I can get a SMART TRE from?

Got mine from Rated R over in WA, you"l find them on E-bay and the net- cost around $79 + postage.
Regards John.
Thanks Ray/Volvi/John, but after a bit of thought I also want to isolate my gps. So like John I'll try the standard tre.
Sorry I hurt your feelings, I was aiming for your face......
G'Day fellas,

I know I'm a bit late on this one, but for ages on my '99 I had a slight loss of power ie negative surge, only in 6th gear. While cruising along in 6th it would feel like I hit a small gust of headwind without feeling the gust itself. I got a gear pos indicator from Slong(a while back) and it indicated Neutral for the second or two when this happened. My conclusion was that the Gear pos switch was faulty and occasionally sent a nuetral signal only in 6th gear, thus changing the fuel mixture to a leaner one for a sec or two. I'm getting the bike back together now and have replaced the GPS with a new one, not going yet so I can't compare the results, but I also found that the GPS can be rotated a few degrees + & - before tightening the securing bolt,this may also be the cause of the incorrect signal.
Cheers Graeme

kitmark Wrote:Thanks Ray/Volvi/John, but after a bit of thought I also want to isolate my gps. So like John I'll try the standard tre.
Well Norvin (John)

after going down your path, spark plugs, wheel alignment, chain tension, fuel system, mappings etc I installed a TRE life is sweet again. No light load surge. Looking at previous posts there is definitely a problem with the GPS on the more classic models. Thanks for the leg work. Recall maybe, I think not......Knuppel2
Sorry I hurt your feelings, I was aiming for your face......
Hi can anyone describe to me maybe with a picture too if poss or perhaps guide me towards some tuning information on how to go about modifying my airbox on my K6 'Busa. What I am basically trying to do is get rid of any extra crap that is restricting the beast. In South Africa nobody is worried about pollution emission control etc so what else can I remove? It's nice to have just that little edge on the boys on the standard bikes, with no obvious signs of modification.
Thanks
Ed
I had the air box mod for some years then changed back to OEM config.

Reasons: The mod supposedly adds 2 HP however its effects are only on top speeds, so if you were looking for a record top speed ok otherwise waste of time. The other reason its not an asset is when tuning the ECU for mapping you cant get accurate readings and thereby cant get the best tune out of it - at least that was what I have been told.

PS. This is a TRE topic.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I think your right busco (about the early model gps ) When i fitted a gipro to
my 2000 it wouldn't work properly until i fitted a new gps. they are about
$120.00 & not that easy to fit,so if in doubt i would fit a new one before
2nd hand. once done it fixed all problem's.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Volvi Wrote:I had the air box mod for some years then changed back to OEM config.

Reasons: The mod supposedly adds 2 HP however its effects are only on top speeds, so if you were looking for a record top speed ok otherwise waste of time. The other reason its not an asset is when tuning the ECU for mapping you cant get accurate readings and thereby cant get the best tune out of it - at least that was what I have been told.

PS. This is a TRE topic.
Volvi Wrote:I had the air box mod for some years then changed back to OEM config.

PS. This is a TRE topic.
Hi Volvi,
are you suggesting that a stock airbox will give a better tune please? I have wondered if I will get my bottom end back - but at what cost?

Sorry for the momentary Hijacked: but this is as a result of Volvi's words above.

Cheers

Max Australia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
comom Max when u start talking bottom end that means u are crusing at 30 kph or so , the only bottom end u would want to save is your own cause there are some here whom might want it,,,,,,,,,......Scary
Albertross Wrote:Hi can anyone describe to me maybe with a picture too if poss or perhaps guide me towards some tuning information on how to go about modifying my airbox on my K6 'Busa. What I am basically trying to do is get rid of any extra crap that is restricting the beast. In South Africa nobody is worried about pollution emission control etc so what else can I remove? It's nice to have just that little edge on the boys on the standard bikes, with no obvious signs of modification.
Thanks
Ed

Here ya go mate
check out this link

http://www.brockracing.com/Instructions/...od_web.doc
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
I think I have finally gotten to the bottom of the light throttle surging problem on my K3. Has been bugging me for nearly a year now. Last night I open up the alternator and about 100ml of oil poured out!! Looks like I need a new seal on the crank.
Well I finally did it. After this intermittant light surging at cruise in top gear that has been bugging me on and off for 5 years ('99 model), I've purchased a TRE. I purchased the "auto TRE" that bypasses the GPS, but wont affect idle. I will post up results when fitted.
-why have I waited 5 years - just pig headed I guess. -and who cruises on a 'busa anyway?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
TRE will have no effect (change of parameters) on 5th Gear as in fact it loads all gears to 5th gear ignition table. You will find most of the problem will be in low end fuelling and is usually at light throttle where the IAP A/F and TPS A/F are floating from one to the other and if the settings are not correct as they jump back and forth to each other the transition creates whats felt as surge effect. To lean in the IAP settings will create the "hunt" effect also
Remembering also that all TRE does is effect timing (in lower gears) and with timing change comes A/F change so to not set fuel up after TRE fitment really does not give a good appraisal of TRE benefits obtained.
(18-01-2010, 09:22am)fasterfaster Wrote: TRE will have no effect (change of parameters) on 5th Gear as in fact it loads all gears to 5th gear ignition table. You will find most of the problem will be in low end fuelling and is usually at light throttle where the IAP A/F and TPS A/F are floating from one to the other and if the settings are not correct as they jump back and forth to each other the transition creates whats felt as surge effect. To lean in the IAP settings will create the "hunt" effect also
Remembering also that all TRE does is effect timing (in lower gears) and with timing change comes A/F change so to not set fuel up after TRE fitment really does not give a good appraisal of TRE benefits obtained.

But thought this would also bypas the GPS which "from reading" may be the cause of surging?? - maybe beers at your place soon methinks??
Shit !!! what are you doing up in South Indonesia!!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .