Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
The Cheescake Files - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Cheescake Files (/showthread.php?tid=1158)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Butter Churn............................. - GDYUP - 23-04-2005

Add fuel pump and fuel pump filter to the list guys! :">

How many of you out there have ever pulled a K1 or 2 or 3 fuel pump outa the tank and removed and cleaned the fuel strainer??? :">

Did it today! I'll see if it has fixed my problem when I give it a good run tomorrow. (It stopped pulling at 8500 revs and felt like it was starving of fuel:"> ) Looked like a bit of cottage cheese turned sour and the strained just wouldn't take Yogurt!

I bet I'll get as many responses as the front whell removal tool for above models too... <i></i>

8 thou choker........ - rev 01 - 24-04-2005

Fuel filter my arse That bike's been to the moon & back GDY, it needs a Bex & a good lie down

An Italian tune up will fix most things

Today: niiiiiiiiicccccce radar bait !!!!!!!! (Until 1300 hrs )

Nice kicking back under the Banyan tree playing pick the wood duck <i></i>

Banyan Tree Sunday Sermon... - GDYUP - 24-04-2005

No time for a bex and a lie down Rev. Too bust riding and a little bit of talking. Got the dreaded Thou klm commute coming up this week...

Still played up on the way out this morning?:"> But it was pulling like a school boy on the way home?:"> Now it's really got me f****d??? :">

We must put an add on the board for someone willing to be our radar bait. Forget dodgy speedo readings, we want someone that can hit the rev limiter in 5th and then hold it open in 6th. (And not with a poxy 43 tooth sprocket!) Must be able to be out all day, and ride at the drop of a hat. Did I miss anything???

Must have been the hibernation ride day today in Vic. Never seen so many wood ducks, wobblers and Ilanois Nazi Flintstone bikies. I bet those meatheads on the Flinstone bikes had never seen a flyby like that one.

Time to tarp them Vic members, there's a frost on the way................

So do you still reckon some spitfire in the fuel and a run down conrod straight on the limiter will definatley fix the problem Rev??? I'll give it a go at 0630 in the morning...

Cheers, Phil. "I speed up for Roos"! <i></i>

Re: Banyan Tree Sunday Sermon... - AstroBusa - 24-04-2005

Gdy... must be the ANZAC weekend that brings 'em all out. Even up here it's been Wobbler Weekend... stuff-wits (or wood-ducks of you prefer) bloody everywhere ! Maybe they think it'll get too cold to ride soon, so better get out there and do a token run before it's too bloody late.

To make matters worse it's another freaking Double Demerit weekend and they've got two cops on BMW's cruising up and down the Old Pacific Hwy all day long... as well as a speed camera of our very own... which they move every hour or so just to confuse you. Thus far this weekend I've done 600 of the most boring km's of my life.

Ahh well... soon all the little wood-ducks will be tucked up at home with their bikes packed away for the winter... and the those of us NSW'ers who ride all year long (thanks to thermal goodies and heated gloves) can have some bloody fun.

Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>

is winter is good ............ - rev 01 - 25-04-2005

Yeah, middle of winter is good, no wobblers or woodies, your bike flies on cold air & the cops stay near hot tucker

You're a cruel man GDY blowing by the Flinstone procession like that. I followed for about 5 k's to see what that was like, yawn, nearly nodded off <i></i>

Re: is winter is good ............ - 1hotBUSA - 25-04-2005

Hey GDY, firstly to get a volunteer to be radar bait you'd need to convince somebody in the great state of Victoria, where the police reign supreme, to ride the bloody thing. The Anzac weekend rides posted by you guys looked like a screaming sucess......

However we dont ride on DD weekends, that's what last weekends ride was for.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>

It just keeps getting better - GDYUP - 09-05-2005

And add cush drives to the bloody list....

Replaced at a cost of around $70.

Money well spent...

Hard to choose which cheese, Vintage or Tasty Cush Drive Cheese???

I chose the Tasty...... Hope I chose right?

Cheers, Phil. "Still on the look out for Radar Bait!" <i></i>

Re: It just keeps getting better - rev 01 - 18-05-2005

Hoi thrillseeker I'd shim the bastards with 4 mil Clark sheet rubber

You KNOW I did

What did he say again ? "Hey MOFO have a look at this"

I'm sick of Suzuki spare parts dancing in the streets every time we buy some over priced bit:">

<i></i>

MOFO - GDYUP - 18-05-2005

$3000 wheels
$2500 on nickel plating
$2000 exhaust
$400 side engine cover

And you put shims in the cush drives?

What a fugen pisser MOFO!

Keep a dancing Maria.....

<i></i>

Re: MOFO - rev 01 - 19-05-2005

Those figures are WAY out of whack GDY but hey, it's your story, maybe you were a creative accountant in a past life ?

Speaking of cush drives if anyone ever wants to check a busa rider's operating technique or habits, just grab the sprocket & see if ya can move it fore & aft

After seeing your low k chopped up pieces of shit I thought cripes, Sidey's been riding this thing, but no, only the wheels <i></i>

Another cheesecake item - 1hotBUSA - 19-05-2005

Hi there.

I have another cheesecake item.....the rear brake light switch under the brake lever. My brake lights stopped working and all my fault finding led to the switch. I opened up the switch, briefly noticed that the arm was twisted, then the bloody thing exploded over the floor of the garage.

Four bloody hours later I had found all the bits and put the switch back together. Then I put it on the bike and the brake lights at last worked. Bleeding the friggin brakes was easier (fixing a sticking piston so had to strip the calipers) esp since the vacuum bleeder is my friend.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>

Re: Another cheesecake item - rev 01 - 19-05-2005

Yep those rear calipers are good at that, usually shows up in uneven pad wear <i></i>

Re: Another cheesecake item - 1hotBUSA - 22-05-2005

Hi Rev,

It was actually the front that had sticking pistons, all over the place actually. The thing is 5yrs old so stripping the calipers and removing the gunk is reccomended, esp before you fit new pads and push the accumulated gunk back under the seals.

Front brake lever feels rock solid, and I'm still on rubber lines. Still searching for a set of braideds in red without having to sell the bike to pay for them.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>

Re: Another cheesecake item - rev 01 - 22-05-2005

Yeah got ya Hotty, I think sticking brake pistons might be a function of garaging the bike after riding in the rain a few times or pad dust accumulation. Blowing the calipers with compressed air every service should help & they do that right ??

<i></i>

Re: Another cheesecake item - 1hotBUSA - 22-05-2005

No they dont Rev,

The muppet they have employed to service our beasts are still trying to figure out how the airgun works, let alone point it at a motorcycle. Hence I am a big fan of DIY, except for the aforementioned brake light switch on the master cylinder. They really go everywhere if you're not careful.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>